Devin Hester So Mad At Media He Speaks In Complete Sentences

reno

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/sarah-spain/assets_c/2009/12/Picture%20974-thumb-450x331-45868.png

Wednesday afternoon Chicago Bears wide receiver Devin Hester eschewed the usual locker room platitudes in favor of some real talk. After expressing disappointment in his limited role on offense, Hester went on to say of the larger issues plaguing the team:

"There will be a lot of changes, I know that for a fact,'' Hester said. " am not blind. Everybody sees it...Just from being around this league for a little while, when things are going bad, somebody you least expect is going to go."

Not surprisingly, the media jumped all over Hester's uncharacteristically candid words. Later that day, after hearing the strong reaction to his comments, the receiver was quick to try to cover his [expletive]. As is the norm these days, Hester took to his Twitter account to clear things up.

While it may not be surprising to see an athlete backtrack after controversial statements, (see injured Bills LB Kawika Mitchell, who tweeted of the team's newest acquisition Richie Incognito: "I KNO WE'RE N NEED OF OLINE BUT THIS GUY SUKS BALLS") what was surprising was Hester's sudden grasp of the English language.

Let's take a look at a few of Hester's tweets leading up to Wednesday afternoon...

"wuts up bruh dawg don't it seem so hard to make da pro bowl again , I'm so mad dawg!"

"Man oregon lookin like they goin to win dis game. Wow!"

"that wut I do bruh"

Now, a look at his tweets regarding the media's reaction to his statements Wednesday afternoon...

"I feel like the media blew my interview out of proportion and that everything I said was reworded or taken the wrong way."

". When I am asked, "Will there be changes?" my answer is "yes". What I mean is; there will always be new guys (rookies, trades or coaches)"

"That goes for every team, whether you are picked up or traded, it is still a change to the team."

"After reading current articles I feel like the press tried to make me seem like I had inside information on the future of coaches or players...Which is not the case at all."

Now I know what you're all thinking: Someone else must have written those tweets for him.

I say maybe, just maybe, Hester's rage transported him to another place, a place with capital letters, semicolons and multisyllabic words. They say an enraged man is capable of doing things that would seem otherwise impossible, and here, my friends, is a shining example.

Of course, once he'd calmed down a bit (or, I suppose, once the Bears' PR official left the house), Hester's (almost) grammatically correct Hyde retreated and his everyday Jekyll returned. In response to former Bear Bernard Berrian telling him not to "trip" 'cause the media always "flips stuff to start some drama," Hester responded:

"I know dawg"

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/sarah-spain/2009/12/devin-hester-so-mad-at-media-he-speaks-in-complete-sentences.html

Edited by Dabearfan101