Bryan Colangelo Contract Situation

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

String up the GM by the virgin-emu-leather soles of his $1,000 loafers ... figuratively, of course. Bryan Colangelo has been here nearly four years and won three playoff games. He is, like Bosh, in a contract year (although fans will be comforted to know that the deal gives CEO Richard Peddie and his esteemed board of directors an option to employ Colangelo for another season). Colangelo has said it himself this season: ``If you want to blame someone, blame me.'' Fair enough.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/740499--feschuk-raptors-schedule-takes-pressure-off

What do you think that MLSE should do with Colangelo?

Is he the GM?

If so, well, I'd say he's done a good job bringing a good mix of talent together. Problem is, he needs to show some balls and get rid of the main source to their problem. I'm talking about the coach, of course. So much offensive talent, yet he can't even get them to try on defense. He needs to go.

BC has to deal with the notion that players don't want to play in Canada, and he's trying his best, or at least makes it seem like he does. I say keep him, but short term contract, and we need to see how he deals with Bosh and the season that follows.

He is probably the best GM we have had, he has probably assumbled the most talent on a single roster we have had ever but they just don't mesh together all that well.

He is a good GM but I feel like his biggest weakness is his loyalty and generosity. He was always talking about "taking care of Shawn [Marion]" in the off-season. Then he signs Bargs and Jose to 10 mill deals each. I feel like he is really aggressive which is good but has jumped the gun on multiple occasions. The Bargs extension could have waited until after this year and Jose was never worth more than 7 mill or maybe even the MLE alone.

Regardless I don't think there is another GM out there who would do a better job than Brian has, I just really hate how he looks at his players and is unable or unwilling to admit their flaws. Jose and Bargnani need to gtfo!