Cavs Interested In Troy Murphy?

The Cavaliers are looking for an upgrade at power forward and the Cleveland Plain Dealer mentions Indiana's Troy Murphy as an option.

Multiple sources have told the Plain Dealer that "there's an interest from both parties for the prototypical stretch forward."

Murphy will make $12 million next season and the Pacers have been losing money in recent seasons.

He is averaging 12.3 points and 8.9 rebounds per game this season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63531/20091220/murphy_may_be_an_option_for_cavaliers/

What do you guys think of this? Do you think that a trade for Murphy would be in the best interest of the Cavs?

I think that Murphy is exactly the kind of power forward that you would want on a team with LeBron and Shaq on it. He is one of the better shooting big men in the game today, he is a very solid rebounder and adequate defender. Having him on the floor with LeBron and Shaq stretches the defense out to the 3 point line which will give both of these two more room to operate down low. He is a great fit for the team if you ask me.

A trade of Big Z for Troy Murhpy makes sense for both teams. Cleveland gets the stretch 4 that they need and Indiana sheds Murhpy's contract for the expiring contract of Big Z. It works under the cap as well.

They won't trade Z unless they are getting him back later on. Too much loyalty to do that IMO. While I agree this is a nice deal I don't think it is an impact deal that pushes them over as clear favourites in the East. This team needs to use their expirings for a power move, not one like this.

I think that Murphy is exactly the kind of power forward that you would want on a team with LeBron and Shaq on it. He is one of the better shooting big men in the game today, he is a very solid rebounder and adequate defender. Having him on the floor with LeBron and Shaq stretches the defense out to the 3 point line which will give both of these two more room to operate down low. He is a great fit for the team if you ask me.

Adequate defender? The biggest knock against Murphy is his defense. He is a terrible defender.

That being said, he does provide them a big who can stretch the floor, and he can rebound the basketball. I wonder what else they can get for Z, but Murphy wouldn't be a terrible option. One problem they may have is if they plan on playing Murphy alongside Shaq. That will be a nightmare defensively for them.

lol @ Shaq in Indiana, lottery bound small market team with Danny Granger possibly out for the year

I LMAO just thinking about that. He'll weight 500 pounds by the time the season's over.

Granger out for the year?

Cleveland isn't a big market either. I think Granger/O'Neal would be good enough for the playoffs.