Nate Robinson to the Celtics?

The Regime

Knicks guard Nate Robinson wants to play for a contender. Robinson has sat on the bench for New York's last nine games and agent Aaron Goodwin and Knicks president Donnie Walsh are expected to discuss a possible trade this week.

The guard has said that he wants to stay in New York, but a source close to Robinson told ESPN.com that he would prefer a trade to Boston if such a deal can be worked out.

If that can't happen, a source claims that Robinson would prefer a buyout, which would allow him to sign with a contending team looking for an offensive boost.

He cannot be traded until Dec. 24 after signing a one-year deal with New York late in the offseason.

Link

What would the Celtics be offering? That would be a good pickup I personally like the kid as a sparkplug off the bench. But he would basically be providing the same [expletive] House does wouldn't he? House seems competent and is making considerably less, idk if the Celtics can afford his salary.

I don't see a trade happening anytime soon, we don't have anyone but quise to match contracts with nate, and i highly doubt we deal quise for him.

Also, word is that he might get bought out, not sure if we even have a roster spot, but i'd def cut giddens to sign nate.

He's like house w/out the effort on defense apparently, however he's more than just a shooter on offense. Iunno, never followed nate, so i dunno. Can knicks fans fill me in on how his ball handling is? I'm sure if he was here, he'd try on defense because if he didnt, the entire squad/coaches would be all over him. So he's be a low risk signing. If he can handle the ball, provide scoring off the bench, try on defense, and limit his TO's, he's an excellent pick-up, if not, we'd just end up cutting him and fall upon house/hudson.

honestly as much as the fans like him, i think he would be a cancer kinda like Marbury

actually, speaking of Marbs, this situation is similar except Nate's situation wasn't as blown up as Marbs' was lol. Marbury actually "behaved" and even showed that he still had some gas left in his tank(especially in that Orlando series even if he was inconsistent). If Nate landed on a team like Boston, LA, Cleveland, Orlando, or the spurs (contender basically) i'm sure he wouldn't be a punk or a cancer considering the talent level and leadership around him.