Tyreke Evans or Derrick Rose?

JWaLL

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tyreke so far is doing great in his short short career. but based off only 26 games so far in his first season. Who knows. there both young young players. I would have to give them 3 years.

but your question is who do you think will have the more successful career. and as of right now ill have to go with Tyreke Evans, and thats not because I'm a Kings fan.

Its really hard to say for me

Evans looks like a stud. Don't watch either but I heard Rose is absolutely horrid and lost on defense. Evans looks like a Dwyane Wade V2 looking at his stats. Honestly just give me Evans at this point, his numbers are awesome.

Good comparison, though I wish Evans had a full year under his belt. I mean he could very well pull a Wade and average 25 next year or instead have a worse year. It is hard to tell, and we are still waiting for him to hit that rookie wall.

Edited by travesy3

• Owner

As high as I was on Rose last year (after how well he did in that series against Boston), I'm leaning towards Evans being the better overall player.

Now, the better career? I take Rose because I truly think he'll be teamed up with Wade next season, and that can result in championships down the road, if Chicago puts the pieces of the puzzle together correctly.

• Owner

Evans. He's better at every single aspect of the game.

I get the feeling you aren't that big of a Derrick Rose fan, are you? :lol:

I wouldn't say he's a better ball-handler, and he's not as athletic as Rose...but he's a better defender, better scorer, and arguably the superior passer.

Gooner said a lot of what I wanted to say. I read RealGM and a lot of what people say there, and it seems to be true too that as bad as Jose Calderon's defense is, Rose is just as bad, if not worse and with his athleticism, that should not be the case. He needs to develop that jump shot to become a legitimate scorer in the NBA. Evan does have a higher TOPG, and has a brutally low 3P%, but Evans seems to be a combo guard who can stay at the 1 and stick there if need be. In college when Slimy moved him to the 1 he excelled and in the pros Evans is only 0.6 APG behind Rose, has a higher PER and higher SPG.

I'll take Evans.

Edited by BasX

Guest California Dreamin'

Rose is grossly overrated. He's a mediocre point guard at best. Can't shoot, plays horrible defense, is a terribly inefficient scorer, doesn't really make people around him better, and lacks an aggressive mentality to ever be a superstar in this league.

Overrated?

Rose is going to be a top 10 player in the league soon. Mediocre point guard at best? :lol:

He can't shoot? Most of his points come from his mid-range jumper and and inside the paint. He doesn't make people around him better? Dude, Rose is playing with overpaid scrubs except for Noah.

Why are you guys comparing a combo guard to a true point guard?

Not everyone can be LeBron James and be a beast at the age of 21. Rose is still learning the game and is learning how to be a leader. Rose has the future greatest player of all time helping him.

Overrated?

Rose is going to be a top 10 player in the league soon. Mediocre point guard at best? :lol:

Based on what? Tell me something he's great at.

He can't shoot? Most of his points come from his mid-range jumper and and inside the paint. He doesn't make people around him better? Dude, Rose is playing with overpaid scrubs except for Noah.

So he can shoot out to 17 feet. That's not good for a guard. That makes things harder for your teammates. Great players make things easier for others.

Rose has the future greatest player of all time helping him.

Lindsay Hunter?

Why are you guys comparing a combo guard to a true point guard?

I'd say it's fair because you can compare the 2009 and probably 2010 ROY and see differences. Both were coached in college by the same person, at the same university and both were 1 and done picks. I understand the position differences but as I stated, Evans and Rose were both PG's in college and this is definitely a far comparison to make.

i like the fact that Evans gets rebounds, but i just feel that Rose will be an elite pointguard. The difference is that Evans can put up these points because look at his team! no one else is all that capable. Rose has a decent team, there just playing aweful. this one is really tough, but i gotta give it to Rose, i just think theres more to work with. Evans i feel is pretty much at his peek, although his jumpshot could still use work.

i like the fact that Evans gets rebounds, but i just feel that Rose will be an elite pointguard. The difference is that Evans can put up these points because look at his team! no one else is all that capable. Rose has a decent team, there just playing aweful. this one is really tough, but i gotta give it to Rose, i just think theres more to work with. Evans i feel is pretty much at his peek, although his jumpshot could still use work.

Tryeke is at his peak? really?

Say what? You think Tyreke has peaked? :huh:

Easily Evans. I think he's up there with LeBron, Oscar, and MJ in terms of his rookie statline which shows how impressive he's been. He's been more of a leader.

Now that we see how D-Rose is without Ben Gordon, it's tough to tell how things will pan out for him. Evans has been a great leader for this team.

Love em both, got to go with my boy Rose. He is so far ahead of Tyreke in terms of being able to run the point he is just taking some time to adjust to the NBA. He is not being aggressive enough at this point, when it's all said and done Rose will be better.

People have the realize what state Rose's team is in. Their offense consists of passing the ball around the perimter for 22 seconds and than chucking a 20 footer. Rose has come back recently from an ankle injury that slowed him down to start the season and over the offseason. It's way to premature to say which one is better, but Evans has basically been given the keys to Sacramento while Kevin Martin is out and he's basically the team's whole offense because he's such a ball dominating guard.

• 2 weeks later...