A Reason For Optimisim Or A Desperate Reach?

I love this team, but no matter how good they play, Raptor fans will always wonder how we will screw it up. It's not that we are pessimists, we have seen it so many times before. As long as we take it one game at a time, I can't see why we can't get away from the 6th and 7th teams.

Speak for yourself, I am a huge pessimist. Being a life long fan of teams like the Vancouver Grizzlies, Toronto Raptors and Toronto Maple Leafs will do that to you. :lol:

As for the bolded part, I think that the Raptors will be able to create some seperation from the Bobcats because of how awful the Cats are on the road, and maybe the Bulls as well, but by the end of the season I think that the Raptors and Heat are going to be in a very tight race for the 5th seed. The Bulls are a team to look out for as well, considering how well they have played lately (8-2 in their last 10), but they are also a tough team to judge because of how inconsistent they can be.

The way I see it, the Bobcats are going to fall back and finish 8th in the Conference, but it could very well be a complete toss up between the Raptors, Heat and Bulls for the 5th, 6th and 7th seeds. To be perfectly honest, I don't even really care what place the Raptors finish, as long as they are able to avoid the Celtics in the first round, and, to a lesser extent, the Hawks. I don't think that they will be able to beat any of the top 4 teams in a playoff series, but I think they would be lucky to even get a win against the Celtics and the Hawks are another bad matchup for them.

Speak for yourself, I am a huge pessimist. Being a life long fan of teams like the Vancouver Grizzlies, Toronto Raptors and Toronto Maple Leafs will do that to you. :lol:

As for the bolded part, I think that the Raptors will be able to create some seperation from the Bobcats because of how awful the Cats are on the road, and maybe the Bulls as well, but by the end of the season I think that the Raptors and Heat are going to be in a very tight race for the 5th seed. The Bulls are a team to look out for as well, considering how well they have played lately (8-2 in their last 10), but they are also a tough team to judge because of how inconsistent they can be.

The way I see it, the Bobcats are going to fall back and finish 8th in the Conference, but it could very well be a complete toss up between the Raptors, Heat and Bulls for the 5th, 6th and 7th seeds. To be perfectly honest, I don't even really care what place the Raptors finish, as long as they are able to avoid the Celtics in the first round, and, to a lesser extent, the Hawks. I don't think that they will be able to beat any of the top 4 teams in a playoff series, but I think they would be lucky to even get a win against the Celtics and the Hawks are another bad matchup for them.

lol leafs. Anyway, of the four teams in the top, Orlando is the one we want right now, and if the playoff started today we would have them. I kinda want to play the Hawks soonish, because then we can really see how much better we have gotten. Celtics would beat us in 3... yes 3. :confused:

So we have 4 games left before the All-Star break and they are all against sub .500 teams with only one road game in that span. All games are winnable when you could argue the best team we play in that span is the Kings, and we get them on a Sunday 12pm tip, a time that usually favours the Raptors. The Pacers game scares me because of the fact they shoot like nothing else. This is a game Bosh needs to take control of and attack. With Hedo and DeMar questionable, Wright and Weems need to keep excelling in there roles. Rasho and Johnson also need to keep up there good play as well. The Nets game on the 2nd of back-to-backs scares me only of embarrassment.

Either way, Bosh needs to take this team and make them understand that winning the next four, could be absolutely massive from a confidence perspective going in the All-Star break.

There is nothing else to say, except. Ball.