"D'Antoni is a Control Freak"

Jenneral

Jerry Stackhouse was very critical of Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni recently.

Stackhouse, who tried out for the Knicks this past summer but didn't receive a contract off, blasted D'Antoni for being stubborn and his treatment of guard Nate Robinson.

"I know Nate has to be obviously frustrated," Stackhouse said on his regular spot on Sirius Radio with Chris Russo. "To be an NBA coach, you're a control freak. You really are a control freak just because you think about all the things coaches have to manage – from the players, to practice, to the media..."

"And with any type of personality, you have your extremists. And I think D'Antoni is just an extremist. He's just a guy who's so stubborn, such a control freak and wants to make an example of this kid (Robinson). It's not fair to him."

RealGM

Never would've guessed that. :rolleyes:

They're wasting so much talent by just having him sit the bench. I think he could be a good starter for a handful of teams let alone be a role player for almost every other (yes, that includes the Knicks). I just hope Nate finds a team that wants to use his skill set.

Well they are 7-3 and with no Nate, what's the reason to put him in. If he's acting the way he reportedly had been and the Knicks are winning, who cares if he plays or not.

Half of the games we almost blew because we had no energy at the end of the games. Adding Nate could only help the team.

I doubt anyone trades for Nate, but i guarantee you a few teams would most definitely sign him. Dude has talent and can help any team with his scoring/energy off the bench.

Problem is that is about all he can do. Provide a bit of scoring off the bench. It would be better if he was a bit more versatile of a player, or had better size to play multiple positions, or if he was a leader of any kind. Nate is garbage in my book and will never be a part of a winning team.

Size is a big factor. That's why Earl Boykins couldn't find a team despite being able to score 10+ points in a team until recently. When average guys can post you up easily for 15 points, the team is still losing points with him playing. Nate has potential, but the best he can do is being a Flip Murray - Sonics era type of player. Scoring when others are injured/ice cold.