Jose Calderon May Return December 30th

I just finished watching Raptors Post-Up and on it they said that Calderon may return to the lineup December 30th when the Raptors play the Bobcats. If he doesn't return then, they said that they would expect him to pay on January 2nd against the Bobcats.

Just thought I would pass the info along for those of you who haven't heard.

Hopefully they keep Jack in the starting lineup though. I imagine that they would for the first couple of games so that Calderon can get his legs back under him, but I want to see Jack in the starting lineup as a permanent fixture.

I can't imagine Jose would come in and take the starting job back immediately. You can't really take Jack out when we are finally playing good ball, we haven't given up 100 in 3 straight games. Hedo is playing his best ball of the year and Jack has been really, really good for us. This has all happened with Jose out of the line-up. I think Jose coming in and running the second unit would be awesome, those guys are more competent defensively than our starting 5 and Jose would be playing second rate PG's so he would flourish again. Like you said in the other thread Jose coming off the bench is the best option.

Don't rush back Jose ;)

If only Hedo and Jack were playing well I'd be meh, but since Banks has been good (I missed the game last night so I dunno), he should take more time than normal, we need him fully healthy.

Edited by BasX

Last I heard they were now targeting January 6th as a return date.

Also, I read on another forum that Reggie Evans had a good MRI two days ago and was going to talk to a doctor after last nights game to see when he could start to do more things on the court.

Calderon to return in Week 11: Raptors G Jose Calderon (hip) is likely to play in the team's next game Wednesday against Orlando. He has not played since Dec. 11 against Atlanta.

(Updated 01/04/2010).

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/563176/rss

Sounds like it is official and Calderon will be back when the Raptors go to Orlando to play the Magic on Wednesday.