College

Can talk about U/College all in that thread. Don't have to multiply it.

It really doesn't matter...

My college is about 25 minutes from my house. I feel like I never left home, considering my high school was 30 minutes from my house... I feel even closer to home than I did before.

Just bring anything. A lot of clothes, a computer, tv and xbox, tons of money/credit card, bathroom things like toothbrush etc. Common sense really lol.

Edited by Gil-Zero

Oh wow nice I actually applied there too haha.

Nice man...I didnt apply to many schools and that school was like the last one I applied to it was a last minute thing out of the blue and then now I decided to go there haha

Yeah it's a good school, I would have gone there but since my parents didn't want to spend a lot on an out of state school they made me put the in state schools on my top choices. But I got lucky and somehow got into George Mason so it all worked out.

Yeah this year private schools were easier to get into because of the economy, University of Virginia is a really sick school but since its public and in state I bet it was real hard to get in this year.

Edited by NeTs15VC

Yeah this year private schools were easier to get into because of the economy, University of Virginia is a really sick school but since its public and in state I bet it was real hard to get in this year.

Oh god I didn't even bother applying to UVA. You needed a 3.9 or higher to get in. My friend with a 3.98 and an SAT of somewhere between 2100 and 2200 (can't remember what it was) was waitlisted and then denied by UVA. My school is really smart though so most of our valedictorians got in. We had 33 valedictorians this year haha. Anyone with a 4.0 or above was one.

Oh god I didn't even bother applying to UVA. You needed a 3.9 or higher to get in. My friend with a 3.98 and an SAT of somewhere between 2100 and 2200 (can't remember what it was) was waitlisted and then denied by UVA. My school is really smart though so most of our valedictorians got in. We had 33 valedictorians this year haha. Anyone with a 4.0 or above was one.

Wow 33, thought there was only 1 per school. My school is not the smartest, at least half is going to community college then local colleges. Like 8 kids going to Rutgers, one to NYU, Cornell, UDel and valedictorian going to Villanova. No one besides me in my school even applied to UMass, we're a small school and in the county we averaged the worst grades and SAT scores in the county but we're the first town in the county and it only gets better and richer lol. Overall, a fail type of public high school, bad teachers and staff.

My dad had a meeting at UVA twice now and said the school is beautiful and all that, crazy how hard it is to get into damn, its basically like an ivy league school because of his history.

What the [expletive]? 33 valedictorians?

Yeah our school's standards are that you have to have at least a 4.0 gpa to be a valedictorian. My school is smart as hell though, we were top 30 in the nation at one point, I think we were like 53rd or something this year. Even more shocking is that we had that many smart kids even with our retarded grading scale.

A: 100-94

B+: 93-90

B: 89 - 84

C+: 83 - 80

C: 79 - 74

D+: 73 - 70

D: 69 - 64

F: 63 - Below

It was so hard to even get a 3.0 in my school... I slid through with a 3.32.

No Jedi, that really is rare in most cases...

Generally (without +/-), it's:

A- 90-100

B- 80-90

C- 70-80

and so forth...

Yeah most schools have this grading scale. It's was so unfair how our county would just refuse to use the easier grading scale. They think the harder grading scale "motivates kids to work harder", which I think is bull[expletive]. If anything it caused more rebellion by kids. Ironically my school was the biggest drug school in the district, despite so many geniuses and future senators that graduate from there.

You have to be damn near perfect to get an A on anything. How many schools do you know that give you a B+ for getting a 93% on an assignment?? It's absurd.

EDIT: And to the people saying that 33 valedictorians is a lot, it is pretty high but keep in mind we had 518 graduating seniors in our class. So my school is pretty big.

Edited by Gil-Zero