Meeks to get more Playing Time

Jenneral

The Bucks are struggling and coach Scott Skiles could give rookie guard Jodie Meeks a chance to earn time in the coming days.

"He's improved on the ball and off the ball," Skiles said of Meeks. "He's been a good rebounder and he's not afraid to go up in traffic.

"He's coming along, he really is. He seems a little more poised than he was earlier in the year. He's put in a lot of hard work and it's starting to pay off for him."

Skiles hinted that he'll switch up Milwaukee's starting lineup for Monday's game against the Bobcats, but it's not known if Meeks will make his first NBA start.

"The more time I get, the more confidence I get," Meeks said. "I'm a rookie, so everything is new. Coach Skiles gave me an opportunity, so I tried to make the best of it.

"Whenever my number is called, I'll be ready."

RealGM

I'm glad to see that Skiles is at least giving him the opportunity to get more time and put up some numbers. Meeks had 15 points in his last game coming off the bench and shot 5-8 from the field. He seems to be pretty smart and doesn't shoot the ball when he's not open for a good look. As of now he's averaging 13 minutes per game but it looks like that number could be going up as soon as tonight.

Also, I'm a little curious about Skiles later comment about switching up the starting lineup. While most people would assume that means sticking Meeks in the starting role I think it may be Ridnour getting the start over Jennings in this one. Jennings just hasn't been shooting the ball well and he needs to feel like the underdog again. I think giving Ridnour the start for a few games until Jennings gets his stuff together could be a good thing. He'll have to earn his spot again, just like he did earlier in the season.

Jennings is the 'victim' of such an amazing start to his NBA season. Now that there are more defensive pressure on him in every game, he really needs to think before taking some shots as he is now 'the man' in the Bucks. It would help to bring him down to earth by letting him come off the bench for a few games.

As for Meeks, just basing on the stats (haven't seen him in a full game), he can be a useful player and starting him at the moment would do no harm. It also gives Redd the wake-up call that he has competition besides Delfino and he can well, lose his place in the rotation if needed to be.

With the Bucks losing their confidence at the moment game by game, changes are needed.