Jackson: Bynum Misses Kurt Rambis

NJNJ

Lakers coach Phil Jackson believes that some of center Andrew Bynum's struggles are because of the absence of Kurt Rambis.

''I think maybe Kurt [Rambis] being in Minnesota might have an effect because Kurt was working with him a lot more than Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar] the last year," Jackson said. "I think Kareem had a big impact on Andrew two years ago, three years ago, but Kurt was working with him more hand in hand than Kareem this last year. Kareem hasn't been here in maybe three weeks. I don't know if they're that close in their communications."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63744/20091231/jackson_bynum_misses_kurt_rambis/

Hate to hear things like this, young players in the league need to be "babied" in a way before they feel more comfortable in this league just the way how it is sometimes, not everybody is a Lebron or OJ mayo type player that could just come into the league and adapt quickly into the game. If the case is Andrew not getting enough help, I hope Andrew gets the problem resolved soon, cause we need him to be at his best.

Yeah Bynum is definitely a vital part in the Lakers' plan to win this year and all the years after. Hopefully they can find a replacement to Rambis to tutor Bynum or hope that Bynum can learn by himself.

Hate to hear things like this, young players in the league need to be "babied" in a way before they feel more comfortable in this league just the way how it is sometimes, not everybody is a Lebron or OJ mayo type player that could just come into the league and adapt quickly into the game. If the case is Andrew not getting enough help, I hope Andrew gets the problem resolved soon, cause we need him to be at his best.

The thing is, Andrew came in young and raw. He has potential still, but he hasn't molded yet. If he had gone to college, he would have molded. Kobe wasn't a monster his first year, and I didn't see him as a viable threat until Phil molded him.