Beastley's Official Mock Draft Thread

Beastley

1. New Jersey - John Wall (6'4'', PG, Kentucky, Fresh.)

2. Minnesota - Evan Turner (6'6'', SG, Ohio State, Jr.)

3. Golden State - Derrick Favors (6'9'', PF, Georgia Tech, Fresh.)

4. Detroit - Hassan Whiteside (7'0'', C, Marshall, Fresh.)

5. Indiana - Wesley Johnson (6'7'', SF, Syracuse, Jr.)

6. Philadelphia - DeMarcus Cousins (6’10’’, PF, Kentucky, Fresh.)

7. Washington - Donatas Motiejunas (7'0'', C, Lithuania)

8. Sacramento - Cole Aldrich (6'11'', C, Kansas, Jr.)

9. Utah - Al-Farouq Aminu (6’9’’, SF, Wake Forest, Soph.)

10. LA Clippers - Greg Monroe (6'10'', PF, Georgetown, Soph.)

11. Milwaukee - Ed Davis (6'9'', PF, North Carolina, Soph.)

12. Houston - Damion James (6'7'', SF, Texas, Sr.)

13. Memphis - Devin Ebanks (6’8’’, SF, West Virginia, Soph.)

14. Oklahoma City - Stanley Robinson (6'8'', SF, UConn, Sr.)

15. Miami - Elias Harris (6'8'', PF, Gonzaga, Fresh.)

16. Chicago - Xavier Henry (6’6’’, SG, Kansas, Fresh.)

17. Minnesota - Solomon Alabi (7’1’’, C, Florida State, Soph.)

18. Miami - Ekpe Udoh (6'10'', PF, Baylor, Jr.)

19. New Orleans - Patrick Patterson (6‘8“, PF, Kentucky, Jr.)

20. Oklahoma City - Larry Sanders (6’10’’, PF, VCU, Jr.)

21. Portland - Jan Vesely (6’11’’, PF, Czech Republic)

22. San Antonio - Armon Johnson (6'3'', PG, Nevada, Jr.)

23. Utah - James Anderson (6’6’’, SG, Oklahoma State, Jr.)

24. New Jersey - Craig Brackins (6’10’’, PF, Iowa State, Jr.)

25. Boston - Manny Harris (6'5'', SG, Michigan, Jr.)

26. Atlanta - Jerome Jordan (7’1’’, C, Tulsa, Sr.)

27. Orlando - Charles Garcia (6'10'', PF, Seattle University, Jr.)

28. Memphis - Willie Warren (6’3’’, SG, Oklahoma, Soph.)

29. Memphis - Gani Lawal (6‘8‘’, PF, Georgia Tech, Jr.)

30. Cleveland - Keith Benson (6’11’’, C, Oakland, Jr.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beastly, there's no way the Rockets select another PF. I'm hoping to be blessed with one of the Kentucky freshman. Realistically DeMarcus Cousions, I'd love to have him on board.

James will play Small Forward as a player in the NBA. Also your post makes no sense, because you say no way the Rockets would take a PF then you say how you would want a PF.

• 2 weeks later...

If the Timberwolves come out of the draft with Turner and Alabi, I will be ecstatic. Corey Brewer and Ryan Gomes have both been averaging double digits, but that's more because of a lack of scoring ability throughout the team than their own talent. They need a true 20 PPG scorer on the wings to go with Jefferson's efforts in the post and Flynn at point, and I've seen Turner be compared to Brandon Roy (oh, how things would be different had he not been traded). Minnesota is suffering from a lack of talent on the wings, so Turner would go a long way in improving that area.

I don't expect anything offensively from Alabi other than offensive rebounds and putbacks, but he has the potential to be an anchor in the paint and give the Wolves a much needed shot blocking presence. At #17, that's good value.

If the Timberwolves come out of the draft with Turner and Alabi, I will be ecstatic. Corey Brewer and Ryan Gomes have both been averaging double digits, but that's more because of a lack of scoring ability throughout the team than their own talent. They need a true 20 PPG scorer on the wings to go with Jefferson's efforts in the post and Flynn at point, and I've seen Turner be compared to Brandon Roy (oh, how things would be different had he not been traded). Minnesota is suffering from a lack of talent on the wings, so Turner would go a long way in improving that area.

I don't expect anything offensively from Alabi other than offensive rebounds and putbacks, but he has the potential to be an anchor in the paint and give the Wolves a much needed shot blocking presence. At #17, that's good value.

Brewer's shooting has improved tremendously. Gomes is too inconsistent to figure him out. Last night was a perfect example for Gomes. I would be really ecstatic myself if the Wolves end up with Turner and Alabi. Both would become instant contributors to the team since the Wolves need a wing scorer and a big defensive center. I would not be surprised if the Wolves traded Jefferson in the off-season, or one of the mid-first round picks, pending on where they (picks) end up. Love seems to be playing better off the bench due to his lack of stamina.

Brewer's shooting has improved tremendously. Gomes is too inconsistent to figure him out. Last night was a perfect example for Gomes. I would be really ecstatic myself if the Wolves end up with Turner and Alabi. Both would become instant contributors to the team since the Wolves need a wing scorer and a big defensive center. I would not be surprised if the Wolves traded Jefferson in the off-season, or one of the mid-first round picks, pending on where they (picks) end up. Love seems to be playing better off the bench due to his lack of stamina.

Now that I've been watching the Wolves a bit, Brewer's scoring ability does look solid. He can shoot and create off the dribble a little; he may not be a 20 PPG guy, but he's got the ability to create and once the Wolves get some better personnel out there he could be a very solid role player.

He broke the Wolves record of most consecutive games with a three pointer. Some people question his defense, but I like how he plays with so much energy. He gets those steals that aren't usually picked due to lack of energy from others.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Pass on Alabi, dude is going to be a BIG project.

My wishlist for the Rockets.

1. Hassan Whiteside

2. Donatas Motiejunas

3. Greg Monroe

4. Ekpe Udoh

5. Its a toss up

James will play Small Forward as a player in the NBA. Also your post makes no sense, because you say no way the Rockets would take a PF then you say how you would want a PF.

I don't see the Rockets going SF ether because of Ariza/Battier and if they choose to play Budinger at the three.

Cousions could easily adapt to being a center in the NBA.