Beastley's Official Mock Draft Thread

Beastley

First Round Only.

Note-

I'm not including Evan Turner because of his injury.

Anyways

1/1/09

1. New Jersey - John Wall (6'4'', PG, Kentucky, Fresh.)

2. Minnesota - Derrick Favors (6'9'', PF, Georgia Tech, Fresh.)

3. Philadelphia - Wesley Johnson (6'7'', SF, Syracuse, Jr.)

4. Golden State - Cole Aldrich (6'11'', C, Kansas, Jr.)

5. Washington - Ed Davis (6'9'', PF, North Carolina, Soph.)

6. Indiana - Xavier Henry (6’6’’, SG, Kansas, Fresh.)

7. Utah - Al-Farouq Aminu (6’9’’, SF, Wake Forest, Soph.)

8. Minnesota - Greg Monroe (6'10'', PF, Georgetown, Soph.)

9. Chicago - Devin Ebanks (6’8’’, SF, West Virginia, Soph.)

10. Memphis - Avery Bradley (6'2'', SG, Texas, Fresh.)

11. LA Clippers - Donatas Motiejunas (7'0'', C, Lithuania)

12. Sacramento - Willie Warren (6’3’’, SG, Oklahoma, Soph.)

13. New Orleans - Larry Sanders (6’10’’, PF, VCU, Jr.)

14. Oklahoma City - Solomon Alabi (7’1’’, C, Florida State, Soph.)

15. Detroit - Patrick Patterson (6‘8“, PF, Kentucky, Jr.)

16. Miami - Keith Benson (6’11’’, C, Oakland, Jr.)

17. Milwaukee - Craig Brackins (6’10’’, PF, Iowa State, Jr.)

18. Miami - Jan Vesely (6’11’’, PF, Czech Republic)

19. San Antonio - Ekpe Udoh (6'10'', PF, Baylor, Jr.)

20. Portland - Arnett Moultrie (6'10'', PF, UTEP, Soph.)

21. Minnesota - Stanley Robinson (6'8'', SF, UConn, Sr.)

22. Houston - DeMarcus Cousins (6’10’’, PF, Kentucky, Fresh.)

23. Oklahoma City - James Anderson (6’6’’, SG, Oklahoma State, Jr.)

24. Memphis - Terrico White (6'5'', SG, Ole Miss, Soph.)

25. New Jersey - Damion James (6'7'', SF, Texas, Sr.)

26. Cleveland - Charles Garcia (6'10'', PF, Seattle University, Jr.)

27. Atlanta - Artsiom Parakhouski (6'11'', C, Radford, Sr.)

28. Orlando - Paul George (6’7’’, SG, Fresno State, Soph.)

29. Boston - Manny Harris (6'5'', SG, Michigan, Jr.)

30. Memphis - Dexter Pittman (6'10'', C, Texas, Sr.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning of the year he was higher, but he hasn't really done much this year, and has made scouts a little bit iffy on him. I could see him moving up a bit by the time the draft comes around, but this draft as Cole Aldrich, Derrick Favors, Patrick Patterson, Ed Davis, to just name a few he has to battle against.

Chicago would take Donatas assuming he was still there, the already have Deng and Thomas who wants to be a SF along with Gibson so they wouldn't need Ebanks persay, also the Clippers don't really need another center assuming they hang onto Camby, they have him, Kaman, and DeAndre Jordan... that's just my opinion though, it's tough to make a mock draft imo and you did a good job.

I also realize this is more of a rank of players than the teams, depending on who is at 11 I would not be surprised to see Donatas down that low or even drop to 15/16 depending on if his year continues as you said it has been.

Edited by G=K

Did you do research before putting this out?

He's not actually far off on any of the rankings. It's early on in the season, and there's some major Iguodala to Houston trade talks happening, which would leave Philadelphia with one wing player down. Therefore, a Wesley Johnson draft doesn't seem outrageous. There's really no need to belittle someone because you disagree with one out of the thirty picks.

He's not actually far off on any of the rankings. It's early on in the season, and there's some major Iguodala to Houston trade talks happening, which would leave Philadelphia with one wing player down. Therefore, a Wesley Johnson draft doesn't seem outrageous.

Samuel Dalembert is our Center.

^

Aldrich isn't a huge upgrade. If i were a GM, I think I would always go for the best player available and figure out how to use him within any given system rather than filling in the blanks of 'team needs'.

You're right, but man...if you only knew how much Sixer fans want to get rid of Sammy. Almost desperate. :lol:

Wizards won't pass up on Xavier Henry.

I really hope we don't draft him. He's a poor defender, below average ball handler. and would probably become really predictable at the NBA level. He's got an amazing shot though and he's strong as hell, but it's definitely a gamble going with him. If Al-Farouq Aminu is available, I'd take him over Henry.

Or Wesley Johnson. :) Just anyone who can shoot from the perimeter. I wouldn't mind Aldrich, either.. but that would cause some issues with playing time between Jefferson, Aldrich and Hollins (I think).

Haha, pretty much. I haven't seen much of Wesley but I'm especially high on Turner...smooth looking jumper, great playmaker and I just love his attack-attack game.

I don't think Al would appreciate Kahn drafting a big man either, he already has to play out of his natural position because of Love.

By the way, can't Rubio possibly head to Minny in the offseason?

Some Wolves fans think that Al Jefferson may be traded before the deadline. Who knows.

As for Rubio, I think he has to wait one more season before he can come over here. Wikipedia: The contract gives him the option to go to the NBA after the 2010–11 season.

Edited by Lone Wolf

^Seriously? Trade Jefferson? That might be a bit rash.

As for Rubio I read that in 2011 offseason he could buyout out of his contract, and the following year he will be free to go to Minny with no compensation.

Rubio says he wants to win everything at Barcelona before heading to the NBA. I like him as much as the next guy but he has to realize that teams aren't just going to wait for him intill he's ready and it's convenient for him. I like him as a player but he has a pretty big ego.

Rubio is an 18 year old kid that simply wants to do it all. He wants to leave a mark in his home country before heading into an uncertain NBA future.

But yeah, he does have a pretty big ego.

I really hope we don't draft him. He's a poor defender, below average ball handler. and would probably become really predictable at the NBA level. He's got an amazing shot though and he's strong as hell, but it's definitely a gamble going with him. If Al-Farouq Aminu is available, I'd take him over Henry.

Henry is a solid defender right now, give him a full year under Bill Self (who wont even let people play if they do not meet defensive standards) and he will be one of the best defending guards in the draft (he is also a pretty good thief). His ball handling ability is also pretty good with only 1.8 turn overs at 16ppg vs Mr. Wall who has 17ppg with over 4 TOs.

One thing i am not understanding is how overlooked Henry is now that people watch all the dunking highlights of Wall. Dont get me wrong here, Wall is an amazing talent, but when compared to Henry it really is pretty easy to determine that Henry is the overall better player.

The 6-foot-4 Wall has averaged 18.1 ppg in 35.1 minutes, the 6-6 Henry 18.0 ppg in 27.0 minutes.

Henry has hit 55 of 99 shots for 55.6 percent, Wall 54 of 100 shots for 54 percent.

Henry has made 24 of 45 threes for 53.3 percent, Wall seven of 19 threes for 36.8 percent.

Henry has converted 28 of 34 free throws for 82.4 percent, Wall 48 of 61 for 78.7 percent.

Both players have 37 rebounds. Wall has 64 assists, 39 turnovers, 25 steals and five blocks; Henry has 16 assists, 18 turnovers, 16 steals and seven blocks.

One thing Henry relies on more then Wall is his jump shot that he is already very good at (2-3 more years of improvements and he could have an elite status), which when we are talking NBA standards is what makes players deadly.

I will actually be surprised to see Henry fall out of the top 5, especially after KU wins their second NT in 3 years.

Henry is a solid defender right now, give him a full year under Bill Self (who wont even let people play if they do not meet defensive standards) and he will be one of the best defending guards in the draft (he is also a pretty good thief). His ball handling ability is also pretty good with only 1.8 turn overs at 16ppg vs Mr. Wall who has 17ppg with over 4 TOs.

One thing i am not understanding is how overlooked Henry is now that people watch all the dunking highlights of Wall. Dont get me wrong here, Wall is an amazing talent, but when compared to Henry it really is pretty easy to determine that Henry is the overall better player.

One thing Henry relies on more then Wall is his jump shot that he is already very good at (2-3 more years of improvements and he could have an elite status), which when we are talking NBA standards is what makes players deadly.

I will actually be surprised to see Henry fall out of the top 5, especially after KU wins their second NT in 3 years.

Henry may be a better scorer, but he isn't the better player. John Wall does more at the guard position in regards to being a team player who is looking to find the open man and not just his own shot.