Vince Carter says his left-ankle injury is not serious, insists he’ll play against Indiana on Tuesday

NJNJ

Vince Carter says his left-ankle injury looked much worse than it actually is.

In fact, he said he’ll play Tuesday night against the Indiana Pacers in Indianapolis.

“I’m gonna play,” he said. “I’m gonna play. I’m not one for missing games. I’m going to go out there and do everything I need to do. But I’ll be able to play. The good thing about it is I don’t swell.”

Midway through the fourth quarter of Orlando’s 101-93 loss to the Chicago Bulls, Carter drove to the hoop against Taj Gibson.

Gibson contested the shot, and Carter fell to the court. It looked like Carter was in significant pain as Magic athletic trainer Tom Smith attended to him on the bench. Carter hopped into the Magic locker room before the final buzzer.

Carter walked gingerly in the visitors’ locker room after the game.

“I tried to lay the ball up, and I just rolled it,” Carter said. “Luckily, I stopped my momentum before it went all the way over. Once I felt it roll, I kind of eased up.”

Carter injured the ankle earlier this season.

He sprained it on Oct. 30, in Orlando’s second game. He missed the following game, but he came back on Nov. 3. He tweaked the injury in that game, and team officials decided it would be better to rest him to make sure the ankle healed.

CONTINUE READING

Hopefully Toronto can capitalize on Carter's absence on Wednesday when Orlando plays the second night of a back-to-back.

This is all hoping he doesn't play.