Butler for Hinrich?

Guest California Dreamin'

especially if Arenas is out of the long-term picture for the Wizards...Hinrich can give them a solid PG and Butler's position can be filled by Nick Young/Dominic McGuire or one of the other 2-3 swingmen the Wizards have.

Butler is the better finisher and slasher, but Hinrich is the better shooter and defender. I'd personally stick with Hinrich.

You honestly think Hinrich is worth the same value or more as Butler...?

We deserve at least a 1st round pick from the Bulls if this goes down.

I think Hinrich is possibly even MORE valuable than Butler. He's easily a much better defender, and some even believe he's one of the better perimeter defenders of the decade. He's had a couple off years offensively, but if he can push his way out of his slump, he could be nearly as valuable as Caron is on the offensive end.

• Owner

I'm not sure if you guys would be able to do any better at this point. Butler has been so inconsistent this year, and he's coming from a team that's not impressive and still looking for a leader (and the most likely leader is Jamison).

People blast Hinrich for not being able to defend Kobe Bryant. Well...uh, yeah...nobody can.

If you want a very good defensive player and a smart combo guard that can actually run an offense, unlike Arenas, you take Hinrich.

• Owner

Chicago's first-rounder would be mid-first, so you're talking Pittman, Cousins, Aldrich or Monroe (depending on how those guys rise and fall throughout the year). I doubt they go for that.

And a future first wouldn't give Washington much, as I'm still a believer that Wade will be in Chicago next season.

Personally i would love to see Hinrich go to the Bulls, i think he would be perfect for their system.

But this argument over value..

Pros: Two seasons ago Hinrich was at the same level as Tony Parker, he was overlooked and ignored (ironically this is the same time period when the Bulls were beating Miami). He is not a full time leader but he has a very high basketball IQ that can apply and make up for a lack of leadership. He is at best a 17ppg 8ast guy who is not just a sub SG, but actually knows how to play both SG and PG and can be a great defender at both positions... he can even defend the 3 in many cases. He is fairly young and in about 2-3 seasons he will be entering the prime of his career, the perfect mix of knowledge and body strength. He also seems to be able to adapt to almost any system he is given.

Cons: He is iffy. If the team is having a bad year, he will have a bad year. If the team is having a great year, he will have a great year. He is not a first leader, he is a secondary leader aka follower. I may have condensed things a bit but that really is a pretty bad con.