Fisher: Kobe Could Average 50

Lakers guard Derek Fisher believes that Kobe Bryant could average 50 points per game if given the chance.

"If he was in a situation where the coach said, 'All right, here you go, do you. Every time we come down, we're going to run a screen-and-roll or an isolation,' " Fisher said. "Come on now, the dude might average 50. OK, maybe 46."

After Bryant beat the Kings with a buzzer-beating three-pointer on Friday night, Fisher said that nothing No. 24 does surprises him.

"I've just gotten to a point with him that there are no surprises," said Fisher. "There's nothing he can do that really, really surprises me. Everything he does, he can do.

"He's not coming up with this stuff out of nowhere."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63796/20100103/fisher_kobe_could_average_50/

He probably could do that if Fisher pass him the ball. Maybe it's just me but every time I see Fisher bring the ball up the court or just have the ball in his hands he just takes a pull up jumper himself. He's pretty selfish from what I see, but he's such a key player to have in the playoffs.

He probably could do that if Fisher pass him the ball. Maybe it's just me but every time I see Fisher bring the ball up the court or just have the ball in his hands he just takes a pull up jumper himself. He's pretty selfish from what I see, but he's such a key player to have in the playoffs.

:huh:

... you need to watch the Lakers more often

• Owner

No player will ever average 50 again. Wilt was playing among a bunch of small forwards that had to defend him, with a handful of centers.

I'm convinced that Bryant could average 40, though...maybe a little tough today, but 3-4 years ago, there's no doubt in my mind he'd top 40.

I doubt Kobe could top the 36 or whatever it was that he averaged a few years ago. I mean he would have to take like 40 shots a game to average 50, that is just dumb to even suggest. He could push for 40, but no chance at 50 for a perimeter player.

Edited by travesy3