Maurice Clarett Blog

Guest The Situation

Guest The Situation
As of October 2008, Clarett has been blogging about his life in prison on The Mind of Maurice Clarett; although he does not have Internet access in the prison, he sends his entries to family members, who post them for him.

In a recent post, Clarett sums up his attitude towards prison by saying "Understand my struggle so you can respect my hustle. I am never coming back here, believe that. Never, I am cool on this. It is first-class living from the day I get out. I WILL NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS, EVER AGAIN. That goes for communication, personal relationships, housing, education, friendships, and travel arrangements. Everything. I have the fire in my eyes"

http://mauriceclarett.wordpress.com/

• Owner

Just an FYI for some of you who are unaware of the current situation with him, he is eligible for early release this year, I think around the middle of March or April...wouldn't be surprised if he got it, because according to some reports, he's been doing pretty damn good in prison.

One of the biggest college-to-NFL busts I've ever seen, though. Him and Ryan Leaf. Back when he led Ohio State to that National Championship, I was 100% sure he was going to be the next great back in the NFL.

Guest The Situation

Ya he was sick as hell.

Check this out:

Letter to LeBron

Posted in Daily Thoughts on May 29, 2009 by Maurice Clarett

Lose yourself in the moment my brother. Make history and represent Ohio how you’re supposed to. I’m on the sideline watching and rooting for you now, harder than ever. As a matter of fact I think this whole penitentiary is. In order to come back in this series you’re going to have to put the team on your back and reset the standard of playing for your team. You’re going to have to get extremely aggressive on both ends of the floor and let your team know that you didn’t come this far to lose. At this point in the season it’s all about ambition and execution. It will all come down to your mentality in the locker room and on the floor. Show the world why they call you “King.” You know I hate that “Ohio always chokes up” s***. I’m sure you feel the same way. I’m tired of hearing that Cleveland hasn’t won anything since the Jim Brown era. That team is built around you. They follow your lead. They follow your energy. They depend on you homey. I know that there are four other players on the floor who have to play with you but there comes a time when you have to become selfish in order for the team to move forward. That time is now. Make history. Shatter Orlando’s hopes of moving on. Show the world how serious the Cavs are. Show the league what “GOING HARD” really means and looks like. Show the world what it looks like to be hungry. Show your team what determination looks like. Go get what you came for. Its not about the money for you, you have it. It’s about respect.

Edited by The Situation