Vikings' Harvin wins Offensive Rookie of the Year

ChosenOne

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/vikes.jpg

NEW YORK -- The Little Phenom is the NFL's top offensive rookie.

Percy Harvin used his versatility and intelligence to win The Associated Press 2009 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

The Minnesota Vikings wide receiver/kick returner ran away with the balloting the same way he outran defenses and special teams this season. Harvin received 41 votes Wednesday from the nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the league. Baltimore tackle Michael Oher was second with six votes.

The 22nd overall draft pick out of Florida, Harvin had 60 receptions for 790 yards and six touchdowns; rushed 15 times for 135 yards; and returned 42 kickoffs for 1,156 yards (27.5 per) and two touchdowns, one covering 101 yards.

He tied with the Colts' Austin Collie for most catches by a rookie and set Minnesota's single-season franchise record for all-purpose yardage with 2,081.

"I call him Little Phenom," said teammate Adrian Peterson, the 2007 Offensive Rookie of the Year. "He's got the heart of a lion when he's out there playing."

Associated Press

I think it should of been closer. O-Linemen may get overlooked, but Oher has turned into one of the best right tackles in the league.

Oher was right up there for me. Even when he moved to LT, he did pretty well, especially for a rookie.

[Homer]Mike Wallace[/Homer]

Edited by BasX

Oher was right up there for me. Even when he moved to LT, he did pretty well, especially for a rookie.

[Homer]Mike Wallace[/Homer]

yea mike wallace was beast all year. Didnt even know much about him till he was making impact in middle of season and next year he should be even better. I got a feeling this guy will be special and i hope he can keep up the good plays he been doing.

The only problem Mike has is the 2 WR ahead of him are great, the TE is great and two backs in the back field (Moore and Mendy) are excellent receivers. No need for Pitt to look to the offensive side unless they grab a power goal line back.