Citi BCS National Champshionship Game: Texas vs. Alabama

Cobb

Texas would have lost by more with McColt playing, nice try lmao.

Are you kidding? On the first drive they probably would've scored to make it 7-0. Then on the kickoff they recovered they could've scored again to make it 14-0. McCoy would've made a HUGE difference.

you know.. props to alabama.. but really.. I thought we played a decent game on D'.. and if we had McCoy on the first two FG drives.. we probably could have scored TD's.. as well as getting some offense rolling in the 2nd quarter when Gilbert was trying to adjust to the game.. and Bama' kept scoring..

Whatver....... props to McCoy feel bad for him going out like that.

you know.. props to alabama.. but really.. I thought we played a decent game on D'.. and if we had McCoy on the first two FG drives.. we probably could have scored TD's.. as well as getting some offense rolling in the 2nd quarter when Gilbert was trying to adjust to the game.. and Bama' kept scoring..

Whatver....... props to McCoy feel bad for him going out like that.

Texas played great on defense after halftime, especially in the 3rd quarter. If only they could have put some points on the board.

Cobb for Bama to travel to Arizona (obviously more of a home for Texas) and beat the #2 school is extrmely impressive. To say Alabama is not that good is a dumb thing to say. Everyone knew Florida and Bama were not miles ahead of everyone but they do have 2 of the top 5 college football programs without a doubt. Give respect to Bama for beating every team on their schedule including Texas and Florida.

Cobb for Bama to travel to Arizona (obviously more of a home for Texas) and beat the #2 school is extrmely impressive. To say Alabama is not that good is a dumb thing to say. Everyone knew Florida and Bama were not miles ahead of everyone but they do have 2 of the top 5 college football programs without a doubt. Give respect to Bama for beating every team on their schedule including Texas and Florida.

Yeah, they won. They deserve to win. I just think if McCoy could have played that it probably could've been a whole different game.

McCoy or no Mccoy that play at end of 1st half to give bama another 7 points was huge. Texas could have been up 20-17.

Either way though, if he had played, I think the first half score would have been alot closer if not Texas winning.

• Owner

Game would've still been close, regardless of the QB for Texas. Bama just pounded Texas with their run game, which was no surprise, and they didn't need much from the pass at all.

Texas should've played better defense over the course of the entire game. I can only wonder if their second half surge was due to the rally cry behind an inexperienced quarterback gaining his composure and throwing that first TD to Shipley.

I just hope that Alabama fans realize that any team can beat up on the other if they have a freshman quarterback in the game.

Who does Bama have to beat to prove themselves? Georgia? They already throttled Florida, what else do you want :lol:

The Texas defense couldn't stop the Alabama rushing attack either

Who does Bama have to beat to prove themselves? Georgia? They already throttled Florida, what else do you want :lol:

The Texas defense couldn't stop the Alabama rushing attack either

I'm just pointing that out. If McCoy was in their it could have been a whole different story.

The Texas D looked deflated after Colt got hurt and that's when they have up most of the points towards the end of the first half. I think had Colt been in there you would've seen a much more inspired team in the first half and who knows they might have won the game. Either way Bama is the champ and they deserve it.