Official Health & Fitness Thread

Im bulking up right now so heres my current workout routine.

Monday: Shoulders

Tuesday: Legs

Wednesday: Chest

Thursday: Back

Friday: Triceps/Biceps

Saturday: Legs

Sunday: Rest

I lift very heavy so i eat a lot. I posted a food plan the other day on here so far im rollin'..

Edited by CaliCurbStomppa

Im bulking up right now so heres my current workout routine.

Monday: Shoulders

Tuesday: Legs

Wednesday: Chest

Thursday: Back

Friday: Triceps/Biceps

Saturday: Legs

Sunday: Rest

I lift very heavy so i eat a lot. I posted a food plan the other day on here so far im rollin'..

Everyone lifts heavy when they workout, isnt that the point..

I need a suggestion for sets and reps for each workout like the arms and legs.

if u want bulk up i say do a warmup for first set then do 3 sets going heavy then do a max the heaviest u can do.

if ur trying to go tone then do 4 sets of 15 but light.

or maybe for arms/triceps pulldown on machine.. do 3 sets of 50 on light. your going to feel burn. hell maybe do 3 of 100. i did that before

Edited by CaliCurbStomppa

it depends. if people want to go tone you have to do light but you cant eat a lot if u want go tone

No, that is really wrong. If you want to cut, you can still go as heavy as you like, cutting is all about your diet and getting cardio into your workout. When it comes to how heavy you want to lift, that doesn't matter. All in all, cutting is purely watching what you eat, if you can't maintain a healthy diet you can't cut and lose the bodyfat you want with your cardio.

I need a suggestion for sets and reps for each workout like the arms and legs.

Ok then when I asked you should have said the first one.

How many sets and reps you want to do is entirely up to you and what you feel comfortable doing depending on the exercise.

Chest:

Flat barbell bench

Incline barbell bench

Incline dumbbell flies

Cable Crossovers (top and bottom)

Include some machines if you want at the end.

(Bench and flies are the main exercises for your chest)

Note: For your own self, you can include wide grip bench after your flat or a burnout for endurance.

Back:

Barbell rows

Deadlifts

(What I start my back workouts with always)

Other good workouts:

Lat pulldowns

1 arm dumbbell rows

T-bar rows

Seated Pulley rows

Reverse flies (for rear delts, technically part of shoulders)

Heres other body parts, just giving you exercises so you always have something to do...

Biceps:

Curls, curls, curls. (yes, boring)

Barbell curls

Dumbbell curls

Incline dumbbell curls

Hammer curls

Barbell Preacher curls

Bicep curl machines if you like.

Triceps

Bench dips

Dips

Seated tricep extensions

Skull crushers

Tricep pushdowns

Rope extensions

Tricep machines..

Shoulders:

Military press

Standing Military Press

Behind the head military press

Lateral raises

Side lateral raises

Arnold shoulder press

(Include traps exercises during your shoulder workout)

Legs:

Squats

Lunges

(two best leg workouts)

Several machines as well for legs.

Edited by NeTs15VC
  • Like 1

Thanks for those exercises, What are your thoughts on power cleaning? I'm mainly asking you this because I need a workout for my football stuff. Is Power cleaning more important than Squats?

If you want power exercises, bench press, squats, deadlifts, power cleans. I cant squat because my knees are bad. But IMO the best power exercise is deadlifts, just started them in college so its not too late to start.

If your brand new to working out, going right into power cleaning will be hard you will need to go real light because its all about form and getting used to the whole process.

Power cleaning is a great exercise for power especially for a sport like football.

If you want power exercises, bench press, squats, deadlifts, power cleans. I cant squat because my knees are bad. But IMO the best power exercise is deadlifts, just started them in college so its not too late to start.

If your brand new to working out, going right into power cleaning will be hard you will need to go real light because its all about form and getting used to the whole process.

Power cleaning is a great exercise for power especially for a sport like football.

I'm not a beginner but I'm not advanced or anything like that either. I've squatted before, not a hard thing to do. I've dead-lifted with a buddy, I hurt my back but it's because he put a lot more weight than I could handle and I even told him that before I did it. I power cleaned today and I did it wrong, and I know because my back hurts more than my hamstrings.

Bruh, I've wanted to try that [expletive] forever. :lol:

I never had the money for it though and my parents wouldn't get it for me.

You're missing out man haha. I did it in high school and the results didn't even seem real, and they happened so quickly. Some of the workouts are absolute killers, so make sure you're in "OK" shape before you do it. But wow... it was worth every penny. You won't recognize yourself after.

You're missing out man haha. I did it in high school and the results didn't even seem real, and they happened so quickly. Some of the workouts are absolute killers, so make sure you're in "OK" shape before you do it. But wow... it was worth every penny. You won't recognize yourself after.

Do you still have it? If I download it on the internet, what kind of equipments will I need to do the workouts?

Do you still have it? If I download it on the internet, what kind of equipments will I need to do the workouts?

Dumbbells of multiple weights for shoulder lifts, tricep lifts, and bicep lifts. Also having bands is good too. You may need a pull-up bar, but bands tied to something is a good alternative if you don't have one. Make sure you have a lot of space when you do the workouts too.