Recent losing streak

bigdog17k

I don't get what's happening, past two losses Dwight has played pretty solid. Everybody else so-so. I wish I knew what was happening, seems like we're always down a ton in the final minutes of the fourth. It wasn't a problem before... whatever it is we need to fix this. We're going on a brutal road trip soon.

I dunno if Dwight has that solid versus Toronto, he did have 9 TOs and Bargnani did a good job on him forcing those. That said, the effort seems to need to be increased, but they seem mass flat. Did SVG make any lineup changes tonight?

Ya I agree with Warren, you can't win when your big man is rebounding for two positions worth, let's face it Shard isn't getting the boards that a typical PF would, Shard is a SF. Maybe not Bass, maybe Gortat (idk how D12 plays the pick and roll, could either of these guys play PF? Idk just saying...). But it is just a shooting slump IMO, when a team takes as many threes as Orlando does, and they aren't falling, you can't really expect to win. That is the problem with a team that lives and dies by the three. But IMO, long term, you guys need an actual PF to win.

Maybe that Anderson guy should get more run at the PF spot.

Edited by travesy3

I think they shouldn't have traded Hedo and it's really affected the flow of their offense. I think maybe having Carter come off the bench as a Manu-type player might help so the bench has more firepower, and the starting lineup won't be filled with so many stars that each player can't get into the game.

• Owner

I think they shouldn't have traded Hedo and it's really affected the flow of their offense.

Bingo.

Nelson needs to be a scoring point (because, well, that's what he is). Hedo set up a lot of players and was arguably a better facilitator than Nelson was last season.

Orlando took an NBA Finals team from last season and turned them into the third or fourth best team in the Eastern Conference. That team from last season would've given Boston a run for their money in the playoffs this season, but the team playing right now (with VC and Barnes, not Hedo and Lee)...I'm not sure if they'll even get past Cleveland or Atlanta in late April or May to get to the ECF's, let alone back to the Finals.

The Magic won't make it back to the Finals. Like I said before the season started, their finals' aspirations will die down by somewhere past midseason, and it looks like things are headed towards that after their hot start to the season.

The main competition is now between the Celtics and Cavs in the East. Atlanta isn't a top team, IMO, and the only reason they are mentioned with the top teams in the East is because of their early season spurt. The Heat are too inconsistent, yet the addition of a veteran point guard may change that, but they still have a fragile center and 3 young rotation players going through growing pains. The Raptors are still basically a new team, and pure offensive teams haven't been known to do too well in the playoffs in recent history.

As far as making it to the second round, the Cavs and Celtics are a lock. The Magic and Raptors will depend on whether the team is "hot" or not, the Heat will depend on a healthy Wade and O'Neal plus maturity in the young players, and don't count out the Bobcats to make a little noise.

K... see.... ive caught a lot of [expletive] for saying this, but this team is not better with Jameer Nelson and they will not make the Finals with him as their PG.

'08 With Nelson in the P/Os early knock out.

'09 Without Nelson in the P/Os, Finals appearance.

Jameer has been back for 9 games, out of those 9 games they have had 5 losses... just sayin..

I think VC is having trouble adopting the role of a facilitator, similar to what Hedo was for them. Kinda what RD is saying. I definitely think this team has the talent to get all the way, but they need to sort a lot of stuff out on the court. They were right in not wanting to give Hedo the money the Raptors did, he is definitely not worth it long term especially with them money they already have tied long term into other players.

They don't have a shut down defender, they don't have a slasher and they don't have a facilitator like Hedo. Hedo for Carter was a lateral swap at best. They were better off with Hedo.

Also, Jameer doesn't fit in with the Magic anymore, after his injury last season, I think the Magic have moved on without him so right now Jameer can't even fit with the system right now. He should be in the trading block, if you ask me.

That being said, SVG is one of those coaches that has a good tenure for a few seasons and then when the league figures him out, his team goes down hill. Byron Scott and his brother Jeff is exactly like him.

I think VC is having trouble adopting the role of a facilitator, similar to what Hedo was for them. Kinda what RD is saying. I definitely think this team has the talent to get all the way, but they need to sort a lot of stuff out on the court. They were right in not wanting to give Hedo the money the Raptors did, he is definitely not worth it long term especially with them money they already have tied long term into other players.

But he is.

The only way for this team to actually improve over last season is to win the finals.

The only way they were to do that is by stacking VC on their depth chart without losing Turk. I hear a lot of people who think Turk is some only slightly valuable player simply because they look at his stats (which do warrant a 9 million dollar a year contract), but no, on this team he helped create a completely different dynamic which made them NBA contenders.

Dwight and Jameer haven't been playing as well as they were last season and Vince hasn't really been healthy. They still need to work on team chemistry too.

I hate seeing this for a team like Orlando, but they are basically in an unrealized rebuild.

Last season they made the finals because of the mismatches they created, because of the dynamic they had. They had an identity as a team and great chemistry. With Turk being gone it changed everything. VC is not someone you rely on, they should have known this when they got him. Sure he would have been fantastic come play off time, but do not give up Turk for him. Now not only did they give up Turk but they gained Nelson, yes GAINED him. This team made the finals without him and with him in the line up it creates a completely different beast.

I dunno, i could rant for hours about the Magic and stupid mistakes they make or do not even consider.

I tried to root for them in the early 90s, then they made one bad choice after another, then it never stopped with the bad choices... and about two seasons ago i thought things would change. Guess not.

They shouldnt have let go of Hedo. When Hedo left, I knew immediately that it was gonna bite them in the behind.

Just feed the ball in the post for monkeys sake. The Magic need a play maker.

I guess the Magic tradition is mistakes :wacko: