Would You Look At Sean Williams?

With Pops Mensah-Bonsu signing with CSKA Moscow pending a physical (Click Here), would you take a look at signing the recently released Sean Williams to the 10-Day contract, that the Raptors probably would've used on Pops?

I know that Williams has had some character issues in college and what not, but I haven't really heard of anything of the sort in the NBA. He has coasted so far in his career and has seemed to be a lazy player, but maybe getting released by the Nets will give him a wake up call? The guy definitely has some talent.

So, would you take a shot on him? Why or why not?

Probably not. Bargnani and Bosh are both getting 35 minutes at least, you figure Amir will get 15-20 minutes, Hedo will see a couple minutes at the 4. I just don't think there is any room for this guy on our team. I always felt like he was a solid talent though, especially for shotblocking. Someone should take a chance on this kid, I just don't think us signing him would be good for us or him.

Plus when (if :rolleyes: ) Reggie comes back, there will be nothing for him, when Reggie gets back I will be interested to see how Jay handles the rotations, I wonder if Bargnani might see some time at the 3, there won't be enough minutes for Reggie and Amir though at this rate, and you can't take any minutes away from Amir the way he has played this year, no way.

Right now yes, because it s a low risk-high reward situation and if he and Amir are both playing well when Reggie comes back then we could add either to a package to grab a legit 2. I see little fault with a move like this, considering he is much more talented than Pops. I love Pops but ball in post to Pops = turnover.