DeRozan, Gordon to compete in All-Star Slam Dunk-In

Legacy

NEW YORK -- Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan and Clippers guard Eric Gordon will compete in the All-Star Slam Dunk-In competition at halftime of the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge on Friday, Feb. 12. The winner will advance to the All-Star Saturday Night Sprite Slam Dunk event.

DeRozan and Gordon will each get two dunks in the one-round dunk-in, with the player receiving the highest percentage of fan votes via NBA.com and SMS text messaging advancing to the dunk contest on All-Star Saturday.

Taking the fourth and final spot in the event, the dunk-in winner will then compete against three other dunk contestants for the 2010 Sprite Slam Dunk title. The NBA has yet to announce the other dunkers. The Knicks' Nate Robinson won the contest in 2009.

Source

This is kind of a Catch 22 situation. If DeMar uses his best dunks in the dunk-in, he may have little chance in the actual event, but if he saves his best dunks, he may not make it. I think that's a legit Catch-22 situation.

Edited by BasX

Gordon 'Surprised' By Dunk-In Selection

Clippers guard Eric Gordon is surprised that he was selected to participate in next month's dunk-in competition.

Gordon will face off against Raptors rookie DeMar DeRozan at halftime of the annual Rookie-Sophomore Game at All-Star Weekend in Dallas.

"I was kind of surprised," said Gordon. "I'm not really a big-time dunker. I might get one off every other game or something... My family thought I'd be in the 3-point [contest]."

DeRozan was the McDonald's All-American Slam Dunk contest winner in 2008.

"He's super athletic," Gordon said of DeRozan. "That's his type of game. That's what he does best -- dunking."

Haha, well that about does it. Might as well give DeRozan an automatic bid.

Derozan would have been selected immediately if he was a Laker or on another big name team. I am heated that Demar might not get a chance to showcase his dunking at the dunk competition, chances are I won't even watch it if he isn't in it.

I really hope LeBron and D12 don't go, especially D12. I am sick of the gimmicks at the dunk competition, hopefully LBJ would take it seriously if there and not put on some sort of outfit and do a lame dunk and get a 50.

Derozan would have been selected immediately if he was a Laker or on another big name team. I am heated that Demar might not get a chance to showcase his dunking at the dunk competition, chances are I won't even watch it if he isn't in it.

I really hope LeBron and D12 don't go, especially D12. I am sick of the gimmicks at the dunk competition, hopefully LBJ would take it seriously if there and not put on some sort of outfit and do a lame dunk and get a 50.

Derozan will definitely get it. Gordon doesn't have much hops, and he was even surprised that the league picked him for the Dunk-In. Derozan's got this, though I can understand the frustration of him not being a guaranteed pick.

Dwight won't be back I believe, and Lebron is just 50-50 because he's scared to lose to someone like Derozan.