Don't Let Hedo Turkoglu See You Taking Photos in His General Vicinity

NJNJ

Noor Javed of The Star has a pretty outrageous story about a recent Hedo Turkoglu nightclub visit. The story goes that a female at a Yorkville club was taking photos of a friend when a large hand swooped out of nowhere, grabbed the woman's phone and deleted all the photos stored on it. That hand, according to the aggrieved clubgoer, belonged to Turkoglu.

The crazy thing is that Turkoglu actually confirmed parts of the incident, and doesn't seem to find anything wrong with his stance that no one is allowed to use flash photography in his presence. (You're on notice, Ron Hoskins of Getty Images!) Turkoglu claims a security guard grabbed the phone and deleted the photos. But The Star helped the woman, Jazmine Singh, recover a photo, and Singh confirms that's who yanked the device.

The photo (which you can see by clicking through to The Star's story) is a bad one, but most NBA fans would be able to pick out Hedo's face, with his body turned away from the shooter. Singh and her friend (who is in the photo, but obscured and well off-center) claim to have had no idea who Turkoglu is. But Hedo thought otherwise, that the clubgoers wanted a candid of the Raptors forward for their own amusement. It's not obvious one way or the other the motive, though, according to both the law and basic human freedom, it would have been Singh's right to take a photo of Turkoglu.

But again, it's Hedo's reaction to all this that's truly priceless.

"I don't like people taking my picture, especially in the club, before asking. She did. I said, `Did you ask me?' She said no. I said, `I want you to delete it'. ... There was a guy with me, a security guy, he deleted it," said Turkoglu.

CONTINUE READING