Sitting Makes No Sense To Kobe

Kobe Bryant knows what people are saying.

He knows what kinds of questions he's going to get every night from the media pests.

He hears it all and, as always, refuses to listen.

"If I can walk, I'm playin'," Bryant said late Wednesday night, hobbling down the hallway at American Airlines Center at a strained post-game speed more commonly associated with his brittle coach.

"You know that."

Even walking is a chore for No. 24 these days, but Bryant had zero trouble convincing Phil Jackson to let him play against the Mavs less than 24 hours after back spasms knocked Kobe out of the previous night's loss at San Antonio.

He's been struggling for weeks with a mangled index finger on his shooting hand and has suddenly been forced to start stealing from Steve Nash's playbook, as seen in Dallas when Bryant spent the entire second quarter laid out on towels near the Lakers' bench. Yet he reacts with Raja Bell-level "I don't know this kid" indignation when someone has the temerity to ask: Why not just take a week or two off to let your body heal for the long run?

"Why would I want to do that?" Bryant says.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100115-16/battered-aching-kobe-stays-steady-bumpy-ride

• Owner

On the dunk attempt he had to alter, changing it into a layup:

"I really can’t do much. I had a breakaway and I tried to palm the ball and I forgot that my finger doesn’t bend."

About the finger:

"It is broken. I have a break in two places. It is not going to go anywhere if I sit out."

So explain to me how his finger is going to improve? Playing through it wont make it better, it will make it worse. For the rest of the season we are just going to have to live with him shooting 30-40 %? I am not liking our chances at an NBA championship if thats the case. As a matter of fact were dead in the water right now if his finger is going to keep bothering him. Im not saying he should sit out, were screwed if he does that also.

Kobe better not play in the Allstar game, or take part in any weekend activities, that's like 10+ days of rest right there, Kobe also needs to tone down his shooting a bit, let his team play it out instead of him missing 15 shots a game. Kobe has to have more trust in his team like last year and his MVP year, I just don't see it in him this year :( Yes you can say we don't have the intensity like we had last year, but that gets done in practice, if he's gonna play hurt, he shouldn't hurt the team as well, in fact he should lean on em more we have a talented group of guys that have to kinda mash their way together as the season goes on.