Orlando Could Become Gilbert's Landing Spot

The Regime

It is appearing unlikely that Gilbert Arenas will ever play for the Wizards again, leading many to speculate on where he could possibly land.

Sources told ESPN.com that Magic general manager Otis Smith, who was part of Golden State’s brain trust when the Warriors drafted Arenas in 2001, continues to be one of Arenas’ closest confidantes in the league.

Sources say it’s a virtual certainty that Arenas will lobby Smith to be the GM who gives Arenas a second chance, largely based on the strength of that friendship.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64075/20100116/orlando_could_become_gilberts_landing_spot/

Just what the Magic need, another low inefficient jump shooter. :lol:

What do you mean another? Trashing the Magic again? Big shock.

Gilbert could be a good fit for them. Him and Dwight would be a great duo, though I don't know how a backcourt with VC and Gil would work.

• Like 1

I would just be very interested to see who they would trade for him, I'm guessing Nelson + Gortat or someone. If they trade Carter than they are officially tanking it.

They would need to throw in Redick or Pietrus in that package to make that work, and I doubt the Magic would be up to that. VC for Gilbert sounds the most realistic.

Good trade for Magic if they want to enjoy a 2nd or 3rd round exit. Sorry but Arenas is practically useless in a system like this, he isn't even a particularly great shooter he is just a volume shooter, he is a bad defender. I fail to see any sort of problems the Magic have, that trading for Arenas would address.

I think the Magic team is good enough they just need to change their style of play, they can't expect to win with VC launching jumpers all game. They need to allow him to go to work from time to time, rather than just launch threes.

I am curious as to how VC is averaging his lowest APG total in like 6 years, the Magic need to get this guy the ball more

• Owner

I have an idea: Orlando should bring in another shooter so they can limit Howard to three shots per game. That would be a super awesome idea.

The Magic refuse to throw the ball down low enough already. There's no reason to make it a chuckfest with Carter, Arenas, and Lewis launching from 23 feet out 35 times a game.

I have an idea: Orlando should bring in another shooter so they can limit Howard to three shots per game. That would be a super awesome idea.

The Magic refuse to throw the ball down low enough already. There's no reason to make it a chuckfest with Carter, Arenas, and Lewis launching from 23 feet out 35 times a game.

Basically what I said with less detail like yours. :lol: :glasses: Magic need to get a PG that can set others up like Rafer Alston last season. I told all of you guys the Magic were going to miss his playmaking ability and his defense.

Honestly, Arenas is so much inferior in the passing game than Carter. People are already complaining enough that Dwight doesn't get his touches, now you add this PG version of J.R Smith, and he would basically get even less touches and shots per game. Magic would be better off trading back for Hedo Turkoglu.

Honestly, Arenas is so much inferior in the passing game than Carter. People are already complaining enough that Dwight doesn't get his touches, now you add this PG version of J.R Smith, and he would basically get even less touches and shots per game. Magic would be better off trading back for Hedo Turkoglu.

You think Gilbert is an inferior passer to Carter? Lol wow dude... I really don't think you watch any NBA games. Sure he isn't a pass first point guard, but his passing game is a hell of a lot more effective than VC's.

You think Gilbert is an inferior passer to Carter? Lol wow dude... I really don't think you watch any NBA games. Sure he isn't a pass first point guard, but his passing game is a hell of a lot more effective than VC's.

:lol: I just had to laugh at that I can't even ignore how dumb of a post that was. Arenas a better passer than Carter.....LMAO.....LMAO. There's nothing Arenas does better than Carter, except work-ethic. Everything else on the court belongs to Carter. Go compare Turnovers for a start.

Edited by B-Marsh>R-Moss

:lol: I just had to laugh at that I can't even ignore how dumb of a post that was. Arenas a better passer than Carter.....LMAO.....LMAO. There's nothing Arenas does better than Carter, except work-ethic. Everything else on the court belongs to Carter. Go compare Turnovers for a start.

I don't even know what to say to that... if you think Carter would make a better point guard than Arenas then you have issues. Put your hate towards Arenas to the side and look at his game, not his immature antics. If you really think VC is an overall upgrade to Arenas, then you don't watch the NBA.

And by the way, we're talking about their passing game, not their overall game. You brought that up, and I'm responding.

I don't even know what to say to that... if you think Carter would make a better point guard than Arenas then you have issues. Put your hate towards Arenas to the side and look at his game, not his immature antics. If you really think VC is an overall upgrade to Arenas, then you don't watch the NBA.

And by the way, we're talking about their passing game, not their overall game. You brought that up, and I'm responding.

It's funny because at one point Vince Carter was the backup PG for the Nets when Kidd was around. But Yeah, obviously Carter is just a scorer and nothing more and a one dimensional player. Whatever helps you sleep at night kiddo.

VC is definitely as good a playmaker as Arenas is.... both are SG's though, it just so happens Arenas is stuck in a PG's body.

Positive this dude is just arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

Edited by B-Marsh>R-Moss

It's funny because at one point Vince Carter was the backup PG for the Nets when Kidd was around. But Yeah, obviously Carter is just a scorer and nothing more and a one dimensional player. Whatever helps you sleep at night kiddo.

Positive this dude is just arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

Don't [expletive]ing call me kiddo you piece of [expletive]. I was only talking about his PASSING GAME AND PLAYMAKING. I never said Gilbert was the better player, I said he was the better PASSER AND PLAYMAKER. Try reading instead of trolling, I'm so [expletive]ing tired of you.

Edited by Bulletproof

Don't [expletive]ing call me kiddo you piece of [expletive]. I was only talking about his PASSING GAME AND PLAYMAKING. I never said Gilbert was the better player, I said he was the better PASSER AND PLAYMAKER. Try reading instead of trolling, I'm so [expletive]ing tired of you.

I know you were talking about playmaking and passing and Carter is better than Arenas at that too. Take a chill pill.

I know you were talking about playmaking and passing and Carter is better than Arenas at that too. Take a chill pill.

He's not. I don't care if he was a backup point guard for New Jersey when he was there. I'm not chilling out because your pointless trolling trying to promote your unknowledgeable opinion is annoying as hell.

And you were laughing as if I was saying that Arenas is better in every aspect of the game to VC, which I wasn't saying at all...

He's not. I don't care if he was a backup point guard for New Jersey when he was there. I'm not chilling out because your pointless trolling trying to promote your unknowledgeable opinion is annoying as hell.

And you were laughing as if I was saying that Arenas is better in every aspect of the game to VC, which I wasn't saying at all...

I was laughing at how you thought Arenas was a better passer, because it is a joke. But it goes to show you how underrated Carter's passing is. You either are very biased when talking about Arenas or very hateful when talking about Vinsanity.

I was laughing at how you thought Arenas was a better passer, because it is a joke. But it goes to show you how underrated Carter's passing is. You either are very biased when talking about Arenas or very hateful when talking about Vinsanity.

Another post proving you don't watch basketball outside of the occasional Rockets home game.

VC is one of my favorite players, always has been so I'm not hating. Arenas' passing game has always been underrated because of how many points he puts up. He can be a playmaker when he doesn't need to score, and for statistical evidence he has gotten much more assists over the last few years. Whether I'm a Wizards fan or not, I am still someone who can recognize other aspects of his game. I'm not saying VC can't be a playmaker, because he can. But Gilbert is a better playmaker. I'm sure the majority would disagree just because of Gilbert's awful rep that he recently got.

Another post proving you don't watch basketball outside of the occasional Rockets home game.

VC is one of my favorite players, always has been so I'm not hating. Arenas' passing game has always been underrated because of how many points he puts up. He can be a playmaker when he doesn't need to score, and for statistical evidence he has gotten much more assists over the last few years. Whether I'm a Wizards fan or not, I am still someone who can recognize other aspects of his game. I'm not saying VC can't be a playmaker, because he can. But Gilbert is a better playmaker. I'm sure the majority would disagree just because of Gilbert's awful rep that he recently got.

Nice story, but it would be nicer if you knew what you were talking about. Carter>Arenas at every facet of the game. So yeah. Carter>Arenas at passing and playmaking.

Edited by B-Marsh>R-Moss

Nice story, but it would be nicer if you knew what you were talking about. Carter>Arenas at every facet of the game.

I know you're doing this on purpose just to piss me off. No matter how hated Arenas is by the league and most people on this forum, it is undeniable that many aspects of Arenas' game are better than VC's. Remember we're talking RIGHT NOW not prime...