Ray Allen calls for change in All-Star voting

The Regime

And with fans showing signs of getting it so wrong, Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen(notes) thinks it’s time to limit their influence. The nine-time All-Star said the fan voting has made the game “watered down” and calls for a change in the process.

“I like the fact that the fans get the opportunity to vote and pick who they’d like to see in the All-Star game, but I don’t think it should be 100 percent,” Allen said this week.

Allen said fans should have 50 percent of the vote, with the other 50 percent being divided evenly between the media and the players. He said players know who is playing the best, and believes with his idea, “you’d look at five guys starting the All-Star team regardless of hype or highlight.”

The NBA likes things the way they are.

“We look at it as a great way to engage the fans,” NBA spokesman Brian McIntyre said. “We think it’s a good system.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-all-star-allensidea&prov=ap&type=lgns

With T-Mac and Iverson projected to be starters, who can blame him for thinking this?

I can.

This is the one thing that the fans control in the NBA.

ONE THING that does not matter at all, if you took the All-Star game out of the NBA season then everything that matters would still be exactly the same.

Ray Allen is just jealous that people still want to see what TMac and Iverson can do when they have the spotlight over him.