Milwaukee To Sign Stackhouse

MainEv3nt

The Milwaukee Bucks will sign Jerry Stackhouse to a contract for the remainder of the 2009-10 season, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Stackhouse is expected to formally sign with the Bucks on Monday or possibly Tuesday.

After an audition for the New York Knicks in August, Stackhouse rejected an invitation to Houston Rockets training camp in October to replace the injured Rashad McCants when the Rockets told Stackhouse he'd have to win a roster spot in camp to stick.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64087/20100117/milwaukee_to_sign_stackhouse/

This just doesn't make sense to me. He's past his prime and he doesn't appear to be much of a difference maker. Yes, Redd is done for the remainder of the season. But why replace him with a player who hasn't done much in 6 seasons. :unsure:

I'd much rather see our second round pick, Meeks, get the extra playing time. We don't exactly know what we've got in him but he's shown some promising flashes already this year. Why bring someone in that could potentially take time out of Meeks' development?

I just don't get this...