Eric Gordon or Kirk Hinrich?

Lemon

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eric Gordon or Kirk Hinrich?

Who's better right now? Gordon is younger but who's better at this moment?

This may or may not be too obvious but I say Gordon. He's great at getting to the rim. Both have about the same 3pt% but EJ is shooting a higher fg%. Both are 6-3 and both are combo guards. Both are great on-ball defenders. IMO, Hinrich distributes the ball better.

Edited by GogglesNaproN

Gordon has a distinct advantage on the offensive end of the floor.

Hinrich has a distinct advantage on the defensive end of the floor.

It really comes down to what you need as each bring something different to the table. On most occasions I would pick Gordon simply because of the potential that he possess, but if you are a Championship calibre team looking to add a great perimeter defender, I would take Hinirch.

One thing that turns me off about Hinrich, though, is his contract. Gordon is still on his rookie contract while Hinrich is making $9M or so this season, so if we are factoring money into the equation I would most definitely take Gordon over Kirk.

Strictly in terms of who is better at the moment, like you are actually asking (just read your post now haha), I would probably go with Hinrich as he is the better all around player. As early as next year I can see Gordon surpassing him though. I love his potential.

• Owner

Hinrich is the better defensive player, but Gordon is no slouch on the defensive end, either.

Offensively, I think both are nearly on the same level. Hinrich just doesn't have the green light to do what Gordon does. Hinrich is the better pure shooter and has more range, while Gordon is the better slasher.

Running an offense, it goes to Hinrich, hands down. It's not even close, in that regard.

Overall better player? Kirk. However, Gordon will turn out to be the better player someday, unless he turns into a Kevin Martin and becomes a selfish player with no intent on distributing the ball, for his team, his teammates or even his own good.