Corey Maggette VS Elton Brand

Sħãlïq™

Shaliq's Ex-Blu' Devils Poll  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6977/comprsn.jpg

Who's the better player currently?

Keep in mind, that Corey Maggette topped 30 points for the fifth time in eight games. The Gette-lac's averaging 29.2 ppg, to go along with 7.7 rebs and 3.7 assists this month.

Edited by Shaliq

Guest The Situation

This is a weird comparison.

One plays PF and the other plays SF.

Plus look:

Maggette: 500 total shots from the floor, with 333 free throws.

Brand: 400 total shots from the floor, with 144 free throws.

Brand is not being utilized right at all because Eddie Jordan is a [expletive]ing retard.

Brand is easily the better player here and probably the player that 90% of the NBA coaches in the league would take.

Ya I agree with a lot The Situation said. The only comparison I see is they played together at Duke and in LA... besides that, little really. Maggette has the better numbers now but Brand, when healthy, is the better player.

There actually is a bit of a comparison. Their both overpaid with long contracts their team would rather get rid of, except no team wants them.

Maggette is selfish and reckless and commits too many TOs, yet Brand is has become much less useful since his injury and his team has resorted him to coming off the bench.

I'll take Maggette if I owned a team, because his recent play may sucker a team into a trade, whereas I'd be hopeless with Brand's contract. For which player I'd rather have regardless of contract, I might take Brand.

This is a weird comparison.

One plays PF and the other plays SF.

Plus look:

Maggette: 500 total shots from the floor, with 333 free throws.

Brand: 400 total shots from the floor, with 144 free throws.

Brand is not being utilized right at all because Eddie Jordan is a [expletive]ing retard.

Brand is easily the better player here and probably the player that 90% of the NBA coaches in the league would take.

Maybe Eddie Jordan's not the only reason why Brand's not being 'utilized'. [/sarcasm]

You need to have a look at this here 'cause it seems like you're forgetting that Maggette's averaging 30.1 points over his last eight games, shooting 92.4 percent from the free-throw line and 58.2 percent from the field.

The Gette-lac had 33 points to help keep Golden State competitive against the Nuggets, Northwest Divison leaders, and if Monta had made his 2nd foul shot, the Dubs could've beaten one of the Western Conference's top teams.

Edited by Shaliq

Guest The Situation

Brand is the better player is used correctly. He has all-star potential when Maggs is a career 'tiny-bit above average role player with the capability to have a breakout game if decides to pull a Kobe and shoot a million times'.

Also anyone watching the 6ers can tell that Brand's injury still has him a bit hobbled.

So as stated above this comparison is not fair until 6ers have decent coaching. Also Brand is in the Princeton offense where the ball is spread around more and not one player has certain plays made for them.

Brand is the better player is used correctly. He has all-star potential when Maggs is a career 'tiny-bit above average role player with the capability to have a breakout game if decides to pull a Kobe and shoot a million times'.

Also anyone watching the 6ers can tell that Brand's injury still has him a bit hobbled.

So as stated above this comparison is not fair until 6ers have decent coaching. Also Brand is in the Princeton offense where the ball is spread around more and not one player has certain plays made for them.

Okay, let's wait and see if his numbers will change in a few months. 'Cause I can understand that injuries may be gettin' the best of him. But I don't agree that the Princeton offense can limit an All-Star forward to less than 14 pts and under seven rebounds... I'm givin' EB 3-4 months, then we'll talk again here.

Edited by Shaliq