What Would You Rather Have?

Hedo by a lot.... even though his contract in accordance with his age is worse, Ariza is a glorified role player and Hedo is an actual difference maker, Ariza is younger but Hedo can be a 2nd option where Ariza is at his best strictly as a spot up shooter and defender. So in OUR scenario I'd take Hedo, maybe in a different situation I'd take Ariza, but here it's Hedo without a doubt.

Edited by travesy3

For a team wanting to win, Hedo, for a team wanting to rebuild, Ariza. It's all based on what your team's after.

agreed, and because the raps are no where close to competing, Ariza would have been a better option. The raps need a good defender to put on the opposing teams best player so they dont give up a bunch of pts like usual. Their starting 5, whoever that may be, dont have anyone who can play defense.

But Ariza and DeMar could be a little redundant? Couldn't it be. I understand the defensive match-up purposes, but overall Hedo could make DeMar's life easier.

The Raptors needed a second option, a SF/SG who can handle the ball and get scores when asked to. Hedo is a guy who does that, Ariza is extremely overrated in my opinion, maybe he proves me wrong in Houston, but he wouldn't get the same amount of open looks in Toronto as he did in LA, and he would have been as bad if not worse than the Kapono signing a few years ago if we were throwing close to 10 mill at him. He is just a defender who plays good defense, he is a role player.