Is Rubio going to be a bust? If so, why?

Rubio going to be a bust?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am a fan of him, I have to say that he wont be because he has a lot of talent and understanding of the game. I also think his games against the USA in the olympics dont count because everyone knows that playing against a national team like that doesnt show that you will or will not be a good NBA player, Spanoulis is one example, had 26 points vs the USA in the final a few years ago and ended up being a crappy NBA player.

I think he's going to be the worst pick of the draft because he won't even play here. I'm really thinking he's going to be a puss and go back to Spain.

I hate his attitude. That said, he has so much upside.

If he can manage to grow in the NBA type of body then he will not be a bust, but if he stays small and does not hit the weight room he will have a very long and tough move into the NBA. Staying in Spain I think would be a bad move he should get to the NBA start making money and start the change process from the Europe style game to the NBA game.

He'll be a good player, but its obvious he's a little punk.

If you're going to declare for the NBA draft, you better be satisfied with which team picks you. You know how many people dream, and work their tails off to try and reach NBA level..he has so much talent, and doesnt want to play yet because...? Minny is too cold?

He'll be a good player, but its obvious he's a little punk.

If you're going to declare for the NBA draft, you better be satisfied with which team picks you. You know how many people dream, and work their tails off to try and reach NBA level..he has so much talent, and doesnt want to play yet because...? Minny is too cold?

Couldn't have said it any better myself. He knew he had the possibility of being picked by any of the lottery teams. If you're not willing to accept that, then why even bother declaring yourself for the NBA draft?

absolutely agree. He knew he would be going to a bad team because hes a top five pick. He needs to suck it up and got to the wolves.

That being said, I really have a feeling he gets traded to NY, which would be great for him to play with an up tempo team.

• Owner

He won't be a bust because he's not going to be expected to lead a team. A lot of people know what he's capable of, and that's all-star point guard play. But that's his ceiling, honestly. He won't be Pistol, he won't be a superstar, and he won't be inducted into the Hall of Fame at the end of his career.

To say he will be a bust...it would be different if he was the first or second pick in the NBA Draft, but the Clippers, Thunder, Grizzlies and Kings probably skipped him for more reasons than just his questionable availability for next season.