Warriors May Be For Sale Again

Legacy

Ric Bucher of ESPN writes on his Twitter page that the Warriors may be put up for sale once again.

"For my Ws' tweeps: multiple front offices say Ws are looking to move anybody to save $. Raising speculation team could be for sale," Bucher wrote on his Twitter page.

Source

Larry Ellison wants to buy the team, but idiot Cohan keeps trying to jack up the price to make a handsome profit out of it and make up for his losses and then some. Ellison will only pay market value, he's not going to pay a premium to give Cohan a golden parachute.

Larry Ellison wants to buy the team, but idiot Cohan keeps trying to jack up the price to make a handsome profit out of it and make up for his losses and then some. Ellison will only pay market value, he's not going to pay a premium to give Cohan a golden parachute.

Someone outside the Bay that knows! :D

Legacy - I live in San Jose and while I'm a diehard Laker fan first and always I share season tix for the Dubs, going to the Bugs game tonight.

Cohan needs to man up and do what's best for the franchise but that's never been him. Me myself and I always with Cohan. Hopefully the prospect of losses and a lock out convince him to just sell and not try to squeeze every last penny out of Ellison.

Legacy - I live in San Jose and while I'm a diehard Laker fan first and always I share season tix for the Dubs, going to the Bugs game tonight.

lol, I never knew that. Season tix? :o lucky. You know where to send the tix if you or the person you share with can't go. :P

Are you from L.A. or just watched the Lakers when younger?

Cohan needs to man up and do what's best for the franchise but that's never been him. Me myself and I always with Cohan. Hopefully the prospect of losses and a lock out convince him to just sell and not try to squeeze every last penny out of Ellison.

That's Cohan. :( I have a feeling that at longest, he'll sell the team by the end of next season when Nelson's contract is up as well.

Warriors' Exec Downplays Ellison Talk of Buying Team

Warriors team president Robert Rowell quickly downplayed Wednesday's comments by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison about the software billionaire's desire to buy the Golden State Warriors.

Rowell spoke exclusively to CSNBayarea.com shortly after Ellison confirmed his interest in purchasing the Warriors, the first time Ellison has made his intention known.

"I've been hearing this for years," Rowell said. "At some point in time, the media speculation will become a reality. But right now, there's not much to this."

Source

Cohan will hold out for a premium as long as he can. I think he'll sell when circumstances force it. He's just enough of an idiot to hold out forever on the premium and then give in when the lockout is just months away and the offer is no longer on the table. Cohan built his empire on lawsuits not acumen, which is reflected in how he's run the team and how he'll sell it.

I've spent equal halves of my life in NorCal and SoCal. Little kids are bandwagoners, my first year of really following the NBA closely was the year of the Lakers 33 straight and I got caught up in it. Laker fan ever since.