Report: Bulls Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas to Suns?

magicbalala245

Eh....I don't like this for the Bulls. Those 3 players are really good and Hinrich and Thomas should still be part of the future. Miller was really valuable during the playoffs last year.

Not worth giving up especially since Amara will demand a lot during the offseason.

I'm the opposite of RD. If this team happens, i get to root for Steve Nash and Kirk Hinrich, on the same team. That's a win for me.

Edited by BasX

I can definitely see Chicago wanting this but not Phoenix. The Suns want out of salary to avoid tax and they take on Hinrich's 9M? When they already have Nash and Dragic? Not seeing it.

Flash - If Chicago can get Phoenix to take Hinrich in that deal (good luck) then they'd still have a max slot.

Edited by Sky

If the Bulls get Stoudemire.. that's going to put some pressure on Miami this summer. Rose, Wade, and Stoudemire on the same team is a deadly combination. If the Heat don't get a big time FA, Wade might not stay.

This is the first time I'm seeing a realistic situation where Wade could leave. I hope this trade doesn't go down.

• Owner

If the Bulls get Stoudemire.. that's going to put some pressure on Miami this summer. Rose, Wade, and Stoudemire on the same team is a deadly combination. If the Heat don't get a big time FA, Wade might not stay.

This is the first time I'm seeing a realistic situation where Wade could leave. I hope this trade doesn't go down.

Nah. The Bulls would have to let Amare expire, then sign him for much less (or sign Wade for less). Amare wants his money, and Wade already laughed at the idea of signing for less money.

Getting rid of Hinrich helps the Bulls get Wade, but that's only if they let Amare walk (or whoever they trade Kirk for).

Nah. The Bulls would have to let Amare expire, then sign him for much less (or sign Wade for less). Amare wants his money, and Wade already laughed at the idea of signing for less money.

Getting rid of Hinrich helps the Bulls get Wade, but that's only if they let Amare walk (or whoever they trade Kirk for).

Okay, well that looks much better at my end. :)

If this deal was made Chicago is at 44 entering the summer with Amare. Cap is projected to fall in a 54 to 57 window. Gives Chicago 10-13 million in cap room. They're also shopping Deng and Salmons. If they can move them for 4-6M less in return then the Bulls would have a max slot to offer Wade. But that's cart way ahead of the horse, because Phoenix won't take on Hinrich's salary.

Chicago has to thread the needle. Brad Miller's contract and Ty Thomas aren't enough for Amare. Suns won't take Hinrich. Who else can the Bulls offer while keeping Noah? That's the first hurdle. The second is making Hinrich's contract disappear. LA's offer saves them 4M but not the full 9. The final hurdles are moving Deng and Salmons. Looking at all that it seems Chicago's best hope is seeing if Phoenix wants Deng, then they make the Hinrich deal with LA, and try to find a taker for Salmons. If the Suns pass on Deng then Chicago needs to find a cheaper player back for him who they then send to Phoenix. Chicago does all that then they can trade for Amare and sign Wade, or Joe Johnson as a consolation prize.

Heat fans shouldn't get too worried unless Chicago can move Deng, if the Bulls can do that then it's definitely time to worry.

Edited by Sky

Guest California Dreamin'

I'm going to HATE the Suns even more (as much as I did about 3-4 years ago) if this happens. Kirk belongs in LA, and if he goes to a team I despise, I have to root against him...and that sucks.

Lakers vs. Bulls in the 2011 Finals.

PG. Rose

SG. Wade

SF. Deng

PF. Amare

C. Noah

Win-Win situation for both teams. The Suns can get some good players in return instead of losing Amare for nothing and the Bulls get the PF they have been missing for years.

I'm going to HATE the Suns even more (as much as I did about 3-4 years ago) if this happens. Kirk belongs in LA, and if he goes to a team I despise, I have to root against him...and that sucks.

Weren't you once a Suns fan? :(

I'd love this trade to happen, Amar'e isn't getting things going in Phoenix, we replace him with Thomas and we can get a center in Miller and also Hinrich who can play the 2 and sometimes the 1. Make it happen, Kerr!