Bryant Is 28 Points From Lakers' All-Time Mark

MainEv3nt

Lakers star Kobe Bryant needs just 28 points to tie Jerry West for the most points scored in franchise history.

Following Sunday's win over the Celtics, Bryant has 25,164 points to West's 25,192.

He surpassed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for second place earlier this season and he's averaging exactly 28 points per game this year.

That puts him on pace to tie, or become the team's all-time leading scorer, on Monday night against the Grizzlies.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64396/20100201/bryant_is_28_points_from_lakers_all_time_mark/

• 1 year later...
  • Owner

If he averages 25 or more for at least five more seasons, he will pass Kareem. I would love to see him do that, but I doubt he will be able to.

That would blow my mind...but then again, I won't say that it's impossible.

However, he'll be third, at least. No doubt about that. He'll pass Shaq this season, could pass Moses Malone if he stays consistent (although it'll be a stretch). Wilt and Dr. J would be the two for next season (and Moses at the beginning of next season, possibly), then it's Jordan two years from now.

After that, it's hard to imagine he'll catch Karl or Kareem.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, Kobe just passed Shaq for fifth on the all-time scoring list.

Is it just me or when Shaq congrats Kobe during a interview he still has some underline meaning ie

"I'm a little jealous of him because I was never able to escape the injury bug in my career, while he's never really been injured at all

It's kind of saying he only passed him cause he never had a major injury .... ( How about if you hit at least half of the free throws you missed you still would be ahead of Kobe )