KOBE!

Josh Dhani

Logo in an interview today, about Kobe: People say, well, that was an unbelievable shot – other people can’t do those things, OK? But for him, it’s not an unbelievable shot, it’s something that’s become commonplace for him, and you expect it from him. He’s just been one of the most remarkable players – I think in overall talent – and again I don’t know how you judge players other than talent – I think he’s probably been the greatest all-around player that the Lakers have ever had. And when I talk about all-around, I’m talking about defense, and his ability to score the ball, his competitiveness and the fact that his teams win.

You watch Magic Johnson play, a completely different player. He was incredible and I love Magic, but I think for pure talent and pure ability to go out and dominate a game the way he can dominate on the offensive end, and then to watch him defend – he’s become a very good defender. He’s become a great teammate. This is a long process from the time he was 17-years-old … there is something that some people were born with, and he was born with ‘it.’ How do you describe ‘it’?

My two cents:

Best overall Laker, Kobe. Greatest Laker, Magic. Rings are why the game is played.

Championships are a team accomplishment, and MVP awards aren't always given to the truly deserving player (for example, Nash has two career regular season MVPs and Kobe has one). With that aside, the best individual Laker to ever play is Kobe.

Championships are a team accomplishment, and MVP awards aren't always given to the truly deserving player (for example, Nash has two career regular season MVPs and Kobe has one). With that aside, the best individual Laker to ever play is Kobe.

Agree.

MVPs are always given to a truly deserving player, the only problem is there are truly three or four MVPs a year so no matter who wins the title there will always be someone disagreeing. And to be honest, before Kobe got his MVP title i do not think he actually deserved one (seeing as how the first three rings were Shaqs).

Kobe is the best Laker though. What is really scary is Kobe still has about 6 years of good to fantastic production left in him.