Kobe Bryant Becomes Lakers All-Time Leader In Points

BeeZee

He passed Jerry West on the all-time scoring list for the Lakers franchise with his 25,193rd point in the 3rd quarter off a slam dunk against the Memphis Grizzlies. What an accomplishment! He just continues to do amazing things.

"It's a great honor to say the least (because) of the great players that have played here and the tradition we have," Bryant said of becoming the Lakers' career leading scorer. "(West) taught me so much when I was 17 years old. He showed me a lot about the game, the jump shot and spin moves and all the others.

"Even though it's me passing him in the record books, it's still us, and it's still Magic and all the other great players."

• Owner

The crazy thing about it is that he's still in his prime (yes, he's not out of it yet). It's very possible he hits 2nd or 3rd on the NBA's all-time scoring list, and he probably would've blown it out had he played 35+ minutes from the start of his career.