Pau Gasol Unhappy With Kobe’s Shooting Spree

• Owner

lol, only one answer to Fisher. Get Hinrich.

Agreed Gasol does need to be more aggressive, and he'll need to be consistently rewarded with the ball when he does that. Goes beyond just one game. Problem is LA can't consistently get Pau or Bynum the ball second half cause they can't throw post entry against fronting. A lot of Gasol's whining would go away if they actually had a point guard who has - and I know this sounds crazy Phil - the skills of a point guard! Perish the thought!! No point for over a freaking decade on the franchise of Magic and Logo. Sad. I'm amazed I still have hair left after 14 years of Fisher.

Yeah. I would love Hinrich, but I've been repeating that so many times over the last 2-3 years, it's probably getting annoying by now.

The typical response from Fisher apologists is that the triangle offense doesn't need a traditional point...and it doesn't...but damn, it would be fantastic to have a pass-first point that could play defense and knock down shots throughout the game (and not just for 30 seconds of the game).

Found this quote from Phil concerning the last game versus Charlotte:

"[sitting Bryant out] had occurred to me yesterday during the course of that game," Jackson said. "I told him he did really quite well during the game even though his shooting was 2 for 12, a lot of those balls were dropped on him as the 24 second clock was running out. Those kids were just so used to giving him the ball at the end of the clock and making him develop a shot, but he kept us running the offense, his defense was good, he did some real good things out there in that respect."

And that's what bugs me to no end.

While I do want Kobe taking the last shot of every single close game (because he has earned that right to), I don't want him to have to chuck 25-footers with three on the shot clock just because someone else on the Lakers is too shy to work for their own bucket.

By the way, did you ever get the feeling that Phil and the FO have kept Luke Walton on this team because they believe he's the best post entry passer on the Lakers? Or best passer, period?

Luke can't make post entry passes from the bench. He's such a liability in other aspects of the game his minutes need to be limited by design.

The triangle doesn't need a traditional point but it does need post entry skills. Particularly if one of the foundations of the team is a three-man power rotation and an offense that works best inside-out. Teams are taking away the bigs just by fronting them. Only team in the league that tactic stops cold is this one - due to no 1.

Kobe bailing them out of the 24 is out of pure necessity. Who else can create his own shot with limited time? Uh there's...and then there's always...uh, um.....

Edited by Sky