Time to deal Jamison, Butler, Haywood?

Time to deal Jamison, Butler, Haywood?

------------

"If the Wizards are going to make a move before the trade deadline, they might want to act sooner rather than later. This is arguably the best time for President Ernie Grunfeld to rework his roster and start anew, with teams around the league expressing interest in Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood. The trade deadline is just two weeks away.

Adrian Wojnarowski recently wrote for Yahoo! Sports that the Dallas Mavericks have lost interest in Butler because of his so-so season. Butler has had a difficult season but his production has been relatively unchanged, even following Gilbert Arenas's suspension. He has scored at least 20 points four times in the 15 games since Arenas received his initial "indefinite" suspension -- he had 11 20-point games in 29 games with Arenas. He has also scored 15 points or fewer seven times since Arenas was booted.

His recent left knee injury, which cost him Wednesday's loss to New York, isn't considered serious but doesn't help raise his value any. Butler will attempt to play against Orlando on Friday. ESPN.com's Chad Ford still has Butler listed as the fourth-most likely player to be dealt at the deadline. Houston, Portland and Phoenix have expressed interest.

Jamison has also been dealing with several knick-knack injuries in recent weeks, with his sore right foot, right shoulder and recently a left knee injury. After several monster performances in January, Jamison has started to slow down, and his shootng percentage has dropped. In the past eight games, Jamison has been held below 12 points five times. He is averaging just 13.9 points and also has shot just 34.3 percent (44 for 128) over that stretch.

Jamison said the trade rumors have had no affect on his play. "I've been in the league 12 years now. When I don't hear trade rumors, that's when I'm worried. It goes in one ear and out the other. I know what's going to happen. It doesn't affect me at all. it affects family and friends because they the ones that keep asking you. I've been through this every year just about."

The Wizards have been reluctant to move Jamison because he ranks among Grunfeld's favorite players. Although Jamison is 33, Grunfeld doesn't want to give away a player who averages more than 21 points and nearly nine rebounds, and he also has little desire to help Cleveland win a championship -- especially after the Cavaliers signed away Larry Hughes five years ago. "

===========

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/02/is-it-time-to-deal.html