Best 5 PGs

SRT Spidey

Who is the best PG in the game?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's something like this not counting injuries

-------

1. Steve Nash

2. Chris Paul/Deron Williams

3. Rajon Rondo

4. Derrick Rose

5. Tony Parker

This I agree wholeheartedly. But in two years time? I think Rondo will become the best.

• Owner

1) Deron Williams

2) Chris Paul

3) Steve Nash

4) Rajon Rondo

5) Chauncey Billups

Nash is good, but as I've always said, he's a horrible defensive player. I stick him over Rondo and Billups, though, because he does twice as much for his team's offense, both scoring and passing the ball...but overall, I can't put him above Deron and Paul.

1. Deron Williams

2. Chris Paul

3. Steve Nash

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Derrick Rose

I just think Rose has done enough this season to put him among the top five. He barely edges out Billups. Billups has alot more talent surrounding him, yet he and Rose have similar stats.

Edited by Confidence

1. Deron Williams

2. Chris Paul

3. Steve Nash

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Derrick Rose

I just think Rose has done enough this season to put him among the top five. He barely edges out Billups. Billups has alot more talent surrounding him, yet he and Rose have similar stats.

You could very easily look at that as a reason to have Billups over Rose.

Rose is the teams primary option, ball handler, facilitator and basically the primary everything when it comes to the Bulls' offense.

Meanwhile, Billups is putting up nearly equal points (0.2 less), slightly more assists (0.3 more) on nearly 5 less shots per game and on greater efficiency (Rose has the higher FG% but Billups has the better eFG% and significantly better TS%) despite the fact that Rose has a USG% of 27.3 to Billups 24.4.

I guess it depends on your perspective of how much players like Melo and Nene have a positive impact on Billups' numbers and how much Rose's weaker supporting cast has a negative influence on his numbers. Personally, I think that what Billups is doing is definitely more impressive than what Rose is doing, simply because of how much more efficient he has been and the fact that he has basically identical stats as Rose despite not having the ball in his hands nearly as often.

Billups defensive advantage is what really seperates him from Rose for me though. I can understand the argument for Rose having a slight advantage offensively, but that is easily nulified by Billups being the superior defender.

Rose has had a very good season, and it is no coincidence that once he got healthy and picked his game up that the Bulls made a surge up the standings, but I just don't think that you can say he has had a better season than Billups has thus far.

My order would be:

1. Chris Paul

2. Deron Williams

3. Steve Nash

4. Chauncey Billups

5. Rajon Rondo

1. Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Steve Nash

2. Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Steve Nash

3. Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Steve Nash

4. Chauncey Billups

5. Rajon Rondo

I really cannot decide on who is better out of Nash, Paul or Deron.

Once Billups and Nash retire, Aaron Brooks will squeeze in there, hes almost at 20 ppg, 5 apg. He has made a huge step in terms of scoring and assisting.

Scoring wise I think his pretty good, his assists numbers could improve though.