The Rock plans on returning in the summer

Smitty

In a radio interview with Boston's Mix 104 this week, Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson shed some new light on his upcoming WWE return, which is expected to take place this summer.

When asked if he plans on wrestling a match, The Rock said:

"How I would come back is a different capacity than what Hulk Hogan did or I believe Ric Flair is doing. Those guys are coming back to actually wrestle. I don't want to wrestle; I have no intention of wrestling a match."

The Rock plans on having a major impact on WWE programming and could serve as a semi-permanent RAW Guest host for the entire summer:

"I do have intention of going back and hosting the show. Hosting a show like that would give me the opportunity to get on the microphone, rip open the writing, and invite guests on to come host with me. We wanted to create something cool and big and fun for the audience."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/267742495.php#

• 2 months later...
- There are strong rumours that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will host Monday Night RAW on June 7th, 2010 from Miami reports PWInsider.com however Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer is indicating that Johnson has no immediate plans to return to WWE until August.

The Rock has done several interviews over the last 6 months in which he indicated he is working on a special project with Vince McMahon.

Source

Also

Austin Grosin sent along the following: I was just checking out Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's Wikipedia page and came across this little tidbit. It says The Rock will be hosting RAW on the special three hour show in Miami in June 7th. Not sure if it's true or not, as Wikipedia pages are easy for regular fans to edit, although it would make sense due to the show being in his hometown of Miami, it being a three hour special, and dated June 7th when he would likely be on a promotional tour for his film anyway. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Source

If this is a true I'm strongly considering saving up like 1,000 dollars and flying down to Miami to the weekend and I'll cap off the week going to RAW on Monday night come back to Tuesday.

Edited by Fish7718

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...