JJ Redick or Shannon Brown

Poe

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/The_Poe/Picture68.png

Per 36 minutes...

J.J. Redick: PTS 15.2, RBS 2.8, AST 3.0, STL 0.6, BLK 0.0

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/The_Poe/Picture69.png

Shannon Brown: PTS 14.4, RBS 3.7, AST 2.3, STL 1.2, BLK 0.4

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/The_Poe/Picture70.png

Depends on the team, definitely.

But if we're wanting to find out who the better overall player is, I'd take Brown, as he's got a more complete game (mainly pointing at his defense here).

I don't think either has a more complete game than the other. I think JJ has gotten better defensively due to his improved strength and growing awareness, though Brown is still easily the better defender, but I wouldn't say by a long shot.

With that said, both players will bring you different things. JJ Redick has an outside-in offense where his shooting opens up his drives, while Brown is inside-out where his athletic finishes will give him more space to shoot.

Personally, I'd say JJ is the better offensive player due to his playmaking ability to go with his shooting touch, and Brown is the better defensive player due to his athleticism, though neither is better or worse by a large margin in either overall category.

Edited by Poe

Definitely would rather have a deadeye shooter playing 15 minutes than an athletic swing man who is good for flashy dunks and streaky play otherwise.

They both average nearly the same points at about 15 ppg in 36 minutes at about the same overall shooting percentage at 45%. They are just threats from different areas of the court, yet both are affective and will give similar production. Obviously neither are setbacks because they've respectively earned good playing time for contending teams.

Edited by Poe

JJ is a god! just dont expect much defense

He has got alot better on defense I am sure every magic fan could agree.

I would take Brown though, because with JJ you know what you are getting a shooter but with Brown right now he still has alot of time to improve so I am looking ahead and taking Brown.

Gotta go with Redick on this one. Brown is great, but he has a weird game. It'd be great if he was more of a slasher, but he likes the jump shot too much imo. If Brown was really aggressive then it's Brown hands down, but sometimes I wonder why he's afraid to attack the basket. Redick has the better shot, range, and handle which is great for that height.

I can say though that Brown is really good at sneaking under the basket where a great passer, Gasol, can easily find him.

JJ Reddick has really progressed as a player, he doesnt settle anymore like he did the first couple seasons but what impresses me the most about him game now is his defense, he has really commited himself this season. With that said, I'd still take Shannon Brown, it's a little homer but I like him more defensively and when his jumpshot is dropping he's pretty deadly.