NBC Miami: Trade Wade

Real Deal

• Owner
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0566/4630/103327_feature.jpg

OK Heat fans. This is going to sound borderline sacrilegious, but it might be time to start thinking about a future without Dwyane Wade in it.

While that thought is the stuff of nightmares for MV3 fans in the 305, what’s going to be really hard to swallow is that President Pat Riley probably shouldn’t wait until the end of the season to start the post-Wade era.

Maybe it’s time for the Heat to start talking trade.

Before you slam your laptop on the floor and give it the ground and pound, take a few deep breaths and jump back into cold, hard reality.

The NBA's trade deadline is Feb. 18 and for the Heat it will mark the point of no return with Wade.

It is a very distinct possibility that Wade will not be resigning with the Heat as a free agent at the end of the year. He’s given just about every indication that he will probably be headed elsewhere.

No one wants to say it. Even whispering it might be punishable by 30 days in jail. But facts are facts.

Meanwhile, the Heat are in the unenviable position of waiting to see what their disgruntled star might do in the summer. If Wade decides to jump ship, the Heat would be left with nothing.

READ MORE HERE

How has he given every indication that he will go else where? He saids he wants to win, he won't really be doing that in Chicago. We are his best option, we have the fact that its Miami, he already won a championship here, so why ditch it now, we have a lot of money for FA. Basically there is nothing wrong with us, we just have too many young, stupid players right now.

Wade is not the greedy bastard people make him out to be, he SAID that he WANTS to stay in Miami. We just need to show him the money and sign another player, and thats it. There is nothing he will do in Chicago that he can't do here, he is already the greatest player in franchise history, he won't just leave. Same with Lebron, he is not gonna leave a team having as much success as they are. So much hype for nothing because all the big names are gonna stay with their teams.

Edited by SRV

• Owner

There is nothing he will do in Chicago that he can't do here

A team with Wade, Rose, Noah and Deng contends.

As of today, Miami is struggling to stay away from a first-round sweep against the Cavaliers.

If I were in Wade's shoes, I'd be looking for homes in Chicago right now. He probably already has one, given the fact that it's his hometown.

Wade said he will only sign with Chicago if they sign a big name along with him. Now I don't know how much cap space they have, but its certainly nothing that we can't match. Riley has his plan, Wade knows it, we just have to wait until the summer to see what it is. Riley won't let a franchise player walk out on him, if that happens then the Heat organization goes back to crap. I think Wade would be crazy to go to Chicago, and he won't do it.

This came out like an hour ago

"I think the main thing is I've shown and said that Miami is where I want to be," Wade said. "I wouldn't be jumping in the air to leave Miami anyway. It's a great place to be and they've adopted me there ... I've said it so many times: That's the place I want to build. We just have to get people to come, and if we get people to come, why would I leave?"

I take his word for it.

Edited by SRV

Lol honestly this is the same [expletive] Raptors fans have been dealing with for the past 8 months, but when the American media says it about Bosh it MUST be true, seriously lol.

This speculation is the same as Bosh, neither player has decided if they are leaving or not so you shouldn't even worry about it until they come out and flat out say they want out. We can speculate all we want but no one really knows what these players plans are.

It is funny how the tables have turned though, early in the year it was Bosh to Miami, but now that the Raptors have caught fire it is somewhat the opposite. No Wade isn't rumoured to Toronto, but Bosh is apparently staying now and Wade wants out. Honestly these writers are just speculating and giving people something to talk about, don't even bother with them.

• Owner

Why would a player of Wade's caliber say he's leaving, especially right before the trade deadline? That's just begging for him to be traded.

And playing alongside Rose is better than with Amare or Jamison. Why would it be crazy for Wade to go to a team with not only Rose, but Noah and Deng as well? If the Bulls deal Salmons, they will be keeping Hinrich...which gives Wade another teammate to be excited about.

You guys are talking about nobody leaving their teams, but then you say those guys aren't going to leave because their teams will sign a big free agent to keep them around. Doesn't make much sense.

• Owner

For a spot in the second round?

If that Bulls team, sans Wade, can nearly dump Pierce, Allen, Rondo, and Perkins on their faces in the first round last season, I'm pretty sure they get to the ECF's with Wade. That same Boston team (no Garnett) nearly took out the Magic, who went on to the Finals.

If a team of Wade and Shaq got us to a championship, then a team of Wade and another star can get us close. We haven't had a single threat since Shaq left, before that we had guys like Odom, and Caron. Just imagine if Wade got another star in there. I know what he is capable of, the second we sign a big name FA we are gonna contend.

Our championship team consisted of

PG - J.Williams

SG - Wade

SF - Posey

PF - Haslem

C - Shaq

and we had Antoine Walker, Payton and Zo off the bench.

We have some of those pieces now, we just need to develop them. We need to sign veterans and defensive players.

Edited by SRV