DeShawn - tad below average

when butler is on hes a star.

haywood has been beasting lately.

pair them up with nba legend jason kidd an dirk yayy

Ya dude. Not even close IMO. lol

Butler - a tad above average

Haywood - very average

DeShawn - tad below average

Haywood is average? Since when? Please, watch him play before making comments like that.

Haywood probably is the best addition out of the three players the Mavs are acquiring here. Caron is so inconsistent, Mavs fans better prepare themselves for nights where Butler goes 0/7, and doesn't live up to expectations as the great defender everyone makes him out to be. Haywood on the other hand is a great rebounder (one of the best in the league), and a great defender (again, one of the best in the league). Add that to his solid play around the basket on the offensive end, and you have yourself a great complement to Dirk's play in the frontcourt.

• Like 1

What a move by Dallas.

I thought they were going to the conference finals anyway, but if this move works out as well as it seems, then it's possible that they could even push themselves past the Lakers for the NBA finals.

I'm dead serious.

Well.. first, we'll have to see how well this truly works out, if the trade even happens.

• Owner

Haywood is the key piece for Dallas, not Butler...and Stevenson is a throw-in that shouldn't get any playing time to begin with.

Caron has too many off-nights, but that may change when playing alongside Dirk, Terry and Kidd...you just never know. He was off and on with Bryant and Odom on his side, though.

As far as getting to the Lakers goes, Denver will still be in Dallas' way. When healthy, the Nuggets pose a threat to the Mavericks. Martin is a physical defender that can agitate Dirk, and someone like Afflalo will take care of Butler or Terry, if they decide they want to catch fire. Who on the Mavs will hold Melo?

It could push them past Denver, though...I don't really know. It all depends on how well the Mavericks can play TOGETHER in the playoffs, and they don't have much time to learn how to do that.

In regards to beating Los Angeles, I just don't see any West team doing it. Even if I were a Kings fan, or one of those lonely Warriors fans (;)), I can't say Dallas has the goods to pull it off. Trading Howard, there's nobody good enough to stick on Kobe anymore, and Ron will tear into Caron's lackluster defense, as well as Gasol bodying Dirk in the post. Haywood will have to sit on Gasol parts of the game as well, but that brings Odom out there against Dirk, and that's a HUGE problem for Dallas.

Haywood is the key piece for Dallas, not Butler...and Stevenson is a throw-in that shouldn't get any playing time to begin with.

Caron has too many off-nights, but that may change when playing alongside Dirk, Terry and Kidd...you just never know. He was off and on with Bryant and Odom on his side, though.

As far as getting to the Lakers goes, Denver will still be in Dallas' way. When healthy, the Nuggets pose a threat to the Mavericks. Martin is a physical defender that can agitate Dirk, and someone like Afflalo will take care of Butler or Terry, if they decide they want to catch fire. Who on the Mavs will hold Melo?

It could push them past Denver, though...I don't really know. It all depends on how well the Mavericks can play TOGETHER in the playoffs, and they don't have much time to learn how to do that.

In regards to beating Los Angeles, I just don't see any West team doing it. Even if I were a Kings fan, or one of those lonely Warriors fans (;)), I can't say Dallas has the goods to pull it off. Trading Howard, there's nobody good enough to stick on Kobe anymore, and Ron will tear into Caron's lackluster defense, as well as Gasol bodying Dirk in the post. Haywood will have to sit on Gasol parts of the game as well, but that brings Odom out there against Dirk, and that's a HUGE problem for Dallas.

Lonely Warriors fans ftw!

Marion. (New line up would probably be: Kidd - Butler - Marion - Nowitzki - Haywood)

That's the main question. This team will certainly create mismatches if they do use Kidd, Caron, and Marion together at the same time. All three can guard their own position, yet Kidd can outmatch players with his size and strength, and Caron, Marion, and also Dirk have great size for their own positions as well. Four out of the five starters create mismatches, and not to mention Terry's offensive fire off the bench. So if they do play well together (which I wouldn't doubt with Kidd running the show), this will be a heck of a team to face in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Marion will be matched against Ron. Butler will be matched against Kobe. Fisher will be on Kidd.

There's likely to be some mismatches both ways. I wouldn't sleep on the Mavs this year. It'll be a tough series for both teams.

Alright, here's incoming/outgoing...

Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Quinton Ross and James Singleton to Washington

Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson to Dallas

Huge trade for the Mavericks.

also gooden prob come back to dallas.

• 2 months later...

it will get you bounced from the 1st round by the spurs

just sayin

this post woulda meant somethin if you would said this when i made the thread instead of being late an bumping this to try be funny.