Chris Bosh: "I'd Be Happy If We Didn't Make A Trade"

Raptors forward Chris Bosh hopes that Thursday's trade deadline comes and goes without the team making any moves.

"I'd be happy if we didn't make a trade. I think we're playing well and the different guys we have at each position are doing well, so I don't know if we need one," Bosh said.

The All-Star added that he can't tell what's real and what's made up.

"I really don't know what's on the table or what could happen, but I don't think so," he said.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64735/20100216/bosh_doesnt_want_raptors_to_make_trade/

Unless by some miracle the Raptors would be able to acquire Iguodala from the Sixers without having to take on Dalembert or Brand (only legitimate way to make salaries work, although there is no realistic possiblity of this happening), I don't really know if I care whether or not the Raptors make a trade now that Butler has been dealt to Dallas. I wouldn't be upset one way or the other I think. The Raptors bench has been much improved during the course of this hot streak that the Raptors are currently on and the biggest reason for that is the play of Jose Calderon.

As most of you know, I was very hard on Calderon at the beginning of the season, and basically have been hard on him ever since TJ Ford was traded, because I simply don't like him as a starting point guard on this team. If he is on a team where he defensive ineptitude is nulified by good defenders around him, such as the Cavs, I think that he would be a very good starting point guard (assuming he can stay healthy). However, with the Raptors, he simply doesn't fit in the starting lineup, but much like two/three seasons ago when he was sharing time with TJ Ford, Calderon has been very good off of the bench and has made the second unit play much better. This is a huge reason for the Raptors success over the past 2 months or so, in my opinion.

I also really don't trust Marcus Banks as a backup point guard. Sure he has looked competant during 8 minute stretches every 2 weeks or so, but I still don't have any faith in him as a long term backup point guard.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

I don't think Bosh has much to worry about. Toronto doesn't seem to be active in trade talks, and they really don't have anything to offer (meaning, nothing that teams would covet at this point).

All focus is on four power forwards (Amare, Jamison, Tyrus and Murphy), two guards (Hinrich and Hamilton) and three small forwards (Iguodala, Prince, McGrady). The Raptors may be interested in a couple of them, but a lot of teams are looking for cap relief or young players, and aside from Bosh, I'm not sure if anyone else is appealing to those guys.

Apparently the Raptors are still interested in Kevin Martin for Jose Calderon, idk if the Kings are. I don't know tbh, I mean we are hot right now and you don't want to mess with that, but at the same time you can't pass on a chance to add a legitimate second option scorer to this team, someone like Martin, can you?

I don't know, Colangelo should just do whatever the [expletive] Bosh wants :lol:

This is the one case I feel having Hedo is very beneficial. Hedo works very well with the ball as we all know and in certain situations, Beli, DeMar or Weems could guard the PG and go with a 2 SG, Hedo, Bosh, Bargnani lineup. With that said, I believe Banks can do enough for short stretch to be a decent back-up PG.

However, even though he makes 9mil a year, I do believe hanging on to Jose could be a good move. I'm torn on this because essentially, if we a back-up PG that is just slightly better than Marcus I think the Raptors are just fine.

God Damnit Jose and your lack of defense.