Hinrich is still available for cheap...

Guest California Dreamin'

The Bulls wanted Fisher, Morrison, and a pick for Hinrich, but the Lakers said no because they want to remain loyal to Fish.

Trade Fisher, the Bulls can waive, and he can come back before the playoffs.

These are the deals have been discussed in the last few weeks.

Brown, Morrison, and pick for Hinrich.

Fisher, Morrison, and pick for Hinrich and filler.

Buss won't do it.

Buss might also lose a championship if he doesn't make a move.

Boston is going to make a move, Cavs got a starting PF, and Orlando is trying to make a move.

SMH @ the Lakers being more loyal to Fisher than Kobe.

I'd trade Fisher, have him workout a buy-out with the Bulls, and he can be back with LA before the playoff start.

[expletive]ing Sasha cost us Hinrich! :angry:

if its this easy to get kirk.

jj barea+something for kirk, MAKE IT HAPPEN CIGAR MARK.

pg-kidd/kirk/beaubois

sg-butler/terry/stevenson

sf-marion/butler/stevenson or thomas?

pf-dirk/possible gooden/thomas or najera?

c-haywood/dampier/najera?

awwww :)

• Owner

Yep, well, Sasha is dirt to me. I could care less if that dude retires tomorrow. He is in no way, shape or form a good player, doesn't matter how many minutes he's given. His few fluke games a couple years back didn't make his $5 million a year earned money, either.

But whatever. If Hinrich doesn't come to LA, shift all the weight to Kobe, once again, to drag our asses to the Finals and come out on top. I just hope everyone else steps up.

Yep, well, Sasha is dirt to me. I could care less if that dude retires tomorrow. He is in no way, shape or form a good player, doesn't matter how many minutes he's given. His few fluke games a couple years back didn't make his $5 million a year earned money, either.

But whatever. If Hinrich doesn't come to LA, shift all the weight to Kobe, once again, to drag our asses to the Finals and come out on top. I just hope everyone else steps up.

Everybody else is getting better without giving up a lot. The damn Cavs got Jamison for dirt cheap.

Hinrich is better than any PG LA can get this summer with the MLE, or use Sasha's expiring K next year.

Kobe is going to have to carry this team again. :(

Deals won't happen because Buss can't afford to take on such salary.

At least Sasha is expiring next year, I bet we can find some takers for him next trade deadline. lol

Anyways, Kobe-Pau-Ron-Drew-LO, with the emergence of Shannon Brown. The talent is there on this squad, but our point guard position is an absolute joke. That will be the downfall of the this team, and everyone knows it. It sucks that we cannot get Hinrich (highly unlikely we'll get him), because the Cavs will be very tough to beat, and Mo will torch us. Guaransheed.

I knew this trade was a long shot.

That's why I never expected anything.

When was the last time Mitch completed a trade with so much media attention and speculation around it? If something happens, if we make a trade tomorrow, it'll be one that comes out of the blue. You guys should know by now that rumored Laker deals have little to no chance of happening.

If we make a trade tomorrow, I'm willing to bet it'll shock everyone, because nobody will have seen it coming. That's how Mitch operates.

Edited by Artesticle

• Owner

all jokes aside, outside of otr, is lakers even trying to get kirk or is this just an otr pipe dream lol.

Yeah. They offered a package that included Morrison and Vujacic. The Bulls were wanting Morrison and Farmar/Fisher/Brown, just not Vujacic.

Buss won't do the deal if Sasha isn't included because we are over the luxury tax threshold, and Hinrich would cost him double. With Sasha costing him $10 million a year (double), he wants to drop him if he's taking in Kirk.

Chicago doesn't want Vujacic, despite them still being able to get the room to sign Wade.

I wouldn't trade Fisher either. I don't know, but he's a very valuable member of the team, whether we like it or not. Like others before mentioned, its his intangibles that make him valuable to us. Even with Fish, we're still atop the Western Conference, only behind the Cavs. My two cents anyways.

• Owner

I wouldn't trade Fisher either. I don't know, but he's a very valuable member of the team, whether we like it or not. Like others before mentioned, its his intangibles that make him valuable to us. Even with Fish, we're still atop the Western Conference, only behind the Cavs. My two cents anyways.

Well, the trade would be made assuming the Bulls waive him, and he comes back to LA (and he would, no question about it, because of his daughter).

We dont need Hinrich. The answer is right here in our own system, BENCH FISHER. Even if we started Farmar, we would be way better off. At least Farmar isnt a turtle and can stay with faster point guards. We also have Shannon Brown who could match up with bigger guards. I wouldnt worry too much about Fish, letting him start the game is just a ceremonial type thing. A lot of games he doesnt play down the stretch, and hopefully thats what will happen in the playoffs.

We dont need Hinrich. The answer is right here in our own system, BENCH FISHER. Even if we started Farmar, we would be way better off. At least Farmar isnt a turtle and can stay with faster point guards. We also have Shannon Brown who could match up with bigger guards. I wouldnt worry too much about Fish, letting him start the game is just a ceremonial type thing. A lot of games he doesnt play down the stretch, and hopefully thats what will happen in the playoffs.

Farmar is not a triangle point guard and he doesn't play defense.

Smaller and quicker guards can blow by Brown and Farmar off the dribble.

Lakers-- The Bulls, intent on creating a maximum salary slot, asked the Lakers if they'd take Kirk Hinrich for the expiring deals of Adam Morrison and Jordan Farmar.

The Lakers, dismayed at projections whittling last season's $40-million profit to $15 million, said they would take Hinrich's $8.5-million-a-year deal if they could dump Sasha Vujacic's $5.2-million-a-year deal.

My Lakers and Bulls sources are never wrong. :glasses: