The Clippers helped Cleveland...

• Owner

...and in helping Cleveland, they now have the money to offer a big-name free agent.

What if, unintentionally, Danny Ferry just handed LeBron James over to the same team that made it possible for him to get Antawn Jamison (the Clips)?

Just a thought, of course. :)

wishful thinking :P.

It may be possible that Lebron leaves though since Ferry has surrounded him with a front court of pretty old people. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jamison acquisition hurt that situation more than it helped.

Unless Cleveland somehow gets Amar'e, I don't see a dynasty even if Lebron chooses to stay. There's a good chance of 1 championship though.

• Owner

The Clippers had plans to get Kobe, they had plans to get Elton and Baron, and how successful have those plans been?

Every team in the NBA had plans to get Kobe. Bryant's plea to bring in help, or take a hike, was just his way of getting the FO to do something. To no one's surprise, they actually did, just to keep Bryant...and it paid off. He was never going to Chicago or to the Clippers to begin with.

And they did have Elton and Baron. It didn't propel them into a top seed, but that's because Elton and Baron are both second options on a championship team (in their primes).

The Clippers are going to get a good pick in the draft, and they have Griffin, Gordon and Kaman. Why would any superstar avoid even CONSIDERING that option? Not to mention...it's Los Angeles.

Every team in the NBA had plans to get Kobe. Bryant's plea to bring in help, or take a hike, was just his way of getting the FO to do something. To no one's surprise, they actually did, just to keep Bryant...and it paid off. He was never going to Chicago or to the Clippers to begin with.

And they did have Elton and Baron. It didn't propel them into a top seed, but that's because Elton and Baron are both second options on a championship team (in their primes).

The Clippers are going to get a good pick in the draft, and they have Griffin, Gordon and Kaman. Why would any superstar avoid even CONSIDERING that option? Not to mention...it's Los Angeles.

Been there, B. 'Bron will consider that an option for no more than 10-15 mins. Then he'll either re-sign the Cavs' deal or go anywhere else but Clipper-ville. Trust me, I know.