Rockets put in last-minute bid for Amare

Real Deal

Morey was actually talking about possible sign and trade moves during his interview. In fact he revealed A LOT in his post deadline interview.

Morey: "What players have you seen give up $30 million? There aren't many of those, if any."

Great, great point. Any one of those players can be acquired in a sign and trade and Amare is no exception. I wonder what the bid was though, maybe T-Mac + Landry + someone else?

Houston is in a great position to make a decent sign and trade offer, I'm just not sure if it will be Amare mainly due to the acquisition of Jordan Hill. Not to mention, Morey seemed to be intending to grab a big man in the draft (it is a big man draft after all) so I'm not sure if Amare will be ideal. Anyways Houston can package the expirings of Jeffries and Battier along with one of the Knicks firsts or another Rockets player.

All in all, I think Houston will seek out other players for a potential sign-and-trade but Amare is still pretty high up on that list.

According to Marc Stein (via Chad Ford) of ESPN, the Rockets were the team that made a last minute run at acquiring Amare Stoudemire from the Phoenix Suns.

Steve Kerr and the Suns ended up keeping Stoudemire for the second consecutive season after shopping him heavily.

The proposed deal had Phoenix receiving Shane Battier and Luis Scola, multiple draft picks and the expiring contract of Brian Cook for Stoudemire, according to sources.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64869/20100218/rockets_were_last_minute_players_for_amare/#ixzz0g0kkx3WW

Sounds like a lot for just Amare, I wouldn't have minded it if he picked up his option for next year.