MRI shows Dwyane Wade calf strain has no serious damage

Poe

MRI shows no serious damage with Wade's strained left calf

Four days after he was injured in the first quarter of Wednesday's 87-84 road victory over the New Jersey Nets, Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade received confirmation Sunday that the slight strain of his left calf is nothing more serious.

Wade, who remained with the team as a spectator for the final two games of the trip, a Friday double-overtime victory over the Memphis Grizzlies and a Saturday loss to the Dallas Mavericks, underwent an MRI upon his South Florida return that confirmed the initial diagnosis.

The team said Wade will continue to receive treatment and continue to be listed as day to day.

Daequan Cook started in place of Wade in the victory in Memphis, but struggled to 1-for-7 shooting. Dorell Wright started in place Wade in the loss in Dallas, but was outplayed by Cook, who finished with a season-high 22 points off the bench. For each, it was their lone start of the season.

Wade has been walking since he was injured, but Sunday was told he could discard the bulky boot he had been wearing.

Sun Sentinal

I know. I'm more relieved that it's nothing serious and that he should be returning within the week.

The Heat will play the T'Wolves on Tuesday, so I think the team will manage just fine without Dwyane. The following game won't be until Saturday, though, which is perfect. The Bucks have beat the Heat the last two times they faced each other, so Miami will definitely need Wade by then. There's plenty of time for him to rest.

Yeah, thats good news for heat fans...even better that theyre schedule wont be too difficult without his presence.

Well, he got injured in the first quarter against the Nets, and the Heat still managed to pull off a close victory without him. The following game they won in a long double OT game against the Grizzlies with Beasley taking over with a career high of 30 points, yet the Heat lost a close game on the second of a back-to-back to a tough Mavericks team.

Without Wade, the Heat have already done pretty well, and have done what I have expected. Naturally their defense has kept them in games, and Beasley and O'Neal have been able to create enough offense for them to win 2 of 3. Plus a surprising break out game for Chalmers against Memphis with 18 points and 6 assists, followed by a solid 11 point 8 assists outing against the Mavs.

I expect the Heat to manage another victory against the Wolves. Hopefully they'll be able to pull away this time instead of keeping it too close throughout. The Heat will definitely need Wade back this Saturday against the Bucks, which thankfully, is plenty of resting time for him to be 100% for it.

Chalmers is working his way back to that starting spot and its really going to be a plus for the team as Rafer has been a non-factor for us since he got here.

I wanna see Beasley was around 40 minutes against Minnesota though. We saw what he could do against Memphis and NJ.