Sonny Weems' Future

It has been pretty slow in regards to Raptors discussion on here, probably because of the Olympics, so I figured I'd make a thread about Sonny Weems.

What do you think of Weems' future on this team? If I am not mistaken, his contract expires at the end of next season (although I could be wrong) which will give the Raptors 2 full seasons to see what he is capable of. He is still fairly young (23 I think) and he barely got any playing time last season.

I'll admit that when the Raptors acquired him from the Bucks that I figured he was nothing more than a throw in. I figured that he would be Joey Graham 2.0 (and not just because they share a striking resemblance). A player who is a strong athlete, but lacks real basketball skill or IQ to ever become a contributing player in the NBA.

However, Weems has been a very pleasent surprise this season. He has had his ups and downs, which is to be expected, but you can see that he has improved since the season began. His jumper has become more consistent and he has become a solid man-to-man defender. He does a good job of running the floor and getting out in transition. He isn't really capable of creating anything off of the dribble and is still fairly inconsistent, but he has definitely played significantly better than I had expected of him this season.

With that said, how do you think Sonny Weems factors into the Raptors plans for the future?